Horhsal had a long history, about a dangerous world and the people that fought against it to survive before ascending to new heights throughout the ages.
And now, in the present, the Age of Expansion is advancing the world even further with new technological breakthroughs, old values that are being questioned, and more countries than ever before clashing for more land, resources or in the name of their ideology.
But even during those troubled times you are the one to decide your own role and purpose.
Will you take control over a country's actions as a ruler, be a soldier fighting for their homeland, an adventurer or explorer discovering more of the world, a regular citizen going about their everyday life, a student attending university or even someone with sinister motives?
Essence of Horhsal is an original science fantasy RP that plays in the world of Horhsal. It does not focus on the struggle between good and evil but rather global politics, ideologies, questioning the status quo, the Essence and its mysteries, and a world that is in the process of changing. Horhsal has the Essence instead of magic which comes with its own powers and various ways to use them.
Players will have a lot of influence on how events like politics will play out and can play almost any kind of character as long as it does not break the world's lore or logic.
The RP is 13+ and should not feature explicit sexual content. Guests can follow the guest message or click on "Newcomers" at the top-right.
- You can either play as a Post-Eophrim - races (including humans) that are closely related and the ones who made history and created countries - or make your own Non-Eophrim species. They do not have countries or Essence powers but can have their own species powers instead.
- A massive world with unique continents that has the potential to have over a hundred countries, plus the ability to add your own custom content
- Create a ruler and decide a country's fate by yourself! Be it as a democracy, monarchy, oligarchy, theocracy or something else. Engage in diplomacy or solve problems with violence - but watch out, other countries will respond in kind.
- Tons of optional achievements (called medals) that can give you an additional goal to strive for.
- Optional campaigns that focus on a story that is a bit more linear and has a system and mechanics in play.
First off, we now have humans who are called Homin since it dawned on me that not everyone wants to go through the hassle that is involved with getting an image of a non-human Post-Eophrim and not everyone wants to use no avatars. As such, homins are an easy way to get into Horhsal and have a starting character with an avatar without too much hassle. Plus, their racial ability is handy to get to know the abilities of the other races although weaker. Once you have settled in and want more characters, you could try to go for a different Post-Eophrim race.
The other new thing is the trophies and medals plugin which grew on me quickly. Trophies are nothing special and just automatically given by the system (number of postings, points spent etc.) while medals are customizable achievements that players can go for. You can check them out here and if you like achievement hunting (I wasted A LOT of hours doing that in Europa Universalis 4, lemme tell you) you might try to look for ones that seem like good targets. Going after them should be fun while giving you more possible objectives. Medals are saved per player so you can go for different types with different characters and they will stay in your possession even if you no longer have the character you got it with (the exception being Character hoarder which requires you to have 10+ characters and not just delete them after you got the medal).
Of course, there will be more medals in the future, so I hope you'll have fun with them.