Donations for In Game Items

Morrigan

• Admin

So another thing that this site does, in order to both encourage members to donate to the monthly costs of the site they offer things for donations. From a plot prompt to powerful in game items to a special super powerful being that is created for you are just some of the things you can buy with actual money.

How does that sort of thing make you feel? Do you think it's enough incentive to get people donating? Would you donate if you got one of those things as the item?

So far I think it's great. It's an incentive to help out your community and gets you something fun to play with in game that could help you in future plot.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

This Is a fine line to walk. On the one hand, I love the idea of giving people compensation for helping keep the game running from a technical standpoint, giving them motivation to hand over money (especially given how financially challenging the world is these days), but on the other, there are a lot of reasons someone can't exchange real money for things in a game, so it's critical to make sure either what they're getting is something that is entirely a shiny feel good thing or there's a way to gain access to these things without money.

The biggest barrier is for people outside of a particular financial ecosystem (using a different currency, located outside of the game runner's country, etc) or someone who's too young to either have income or have access to the tools needed to transfer it online.

As long as these things are taken into account, it is certainly a great way to financially support a game.

• I read this! 3

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain