I suck at these. . .

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

Okay so I'm not great at introductions. Generally I just ramble. So to spare ya'll, I'll just answer the designated questions lol

• How long have you been RPing? Heading toward 17 years. I took to it quickly cause of the collaborative writing aspect especially since I've been writing since like 1st grade. I started in January of 2000 back on AOL. In chatrooms(Red Dragon Inn, Medieval Tavern, etc.) and IMs though I joined a few groups early on that did a combination of forum + live play. Even when I switched off AOL for personal reasons, and used AIM, I still migrated toward the forum + live play combo. And then at some point I discovered forums and RP outside AOL(think the first one was a Titanic site pre-sailing to post-tragedy) and that was fun, but I still did the live play + forum combo on AOL even with other just solely forum RPs. Eventually though I moved to just solely forum RP outside of AOL for several reasons: the first being a terrifying, and somewhat traumatic, harassment incident from a former member and their friends I had to boot and plus my health. That was the last time I really did live play or even ran my own group. I've helped Admin and Mod since then, but never actually ran my own thing cause of that incident and my health, but the upside is I've discovered some really awesome stuff outside of AOL RP and really do prefer play-by-post to live play nowadays. (and see, I still managed to ramble ugh - sorry!).
  • What are your favorite RP genres? Primarily I play Historical(AU, historical w/fantasy elements, straight historical) and medieval-fantasy(low to high fantasy) and sci-fi(preference toward futuristic space stuff) more than anything else. I've played straight modern(from college shenanigans to slice of life) though they rarely hold my interest long, and I can do modern fantasy as long as there's more of a high note on the fantasy element. I've played just about every genre I can think of including fandom at this point, but those first 3 I listed will always be my favorite.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Forum and email(well, GDocs now as it's got the same feel as back-and-forth posting such as on a forum as with email, but GDocs is so much more efficient) are my preferences these days. Occasionally I dabble in the live play still cause I miss it from time-to-time, but it's just hard on me with health issues to keep up/react as quickly as I used to which is the same reason I fail at rapid fire(also cause I can't force myself to do a short post). 
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? My favorite book since childhood has been Little Women. Though I also adore LotR and a ton of other things. Movie is harder for me: it could be The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast or A Little Princess or The Secret Garden or Chaos Theory or Captain America + Winter Soldier + Civil War or Guardians of the Galaxy or Tucker and Dale vs. Evil or Cabin In the Woods or Much Ado About Nothing(the Joss Whedon version) or Interstellar or Gravity or The Martian or. . . basically I could go on and on, and I haven't even touched TV shows which I watch(read: binge) more than I do movies so I'll spare ya'll that response, and it's cause I love a lot of things and suck at favorites. As for music? Again, I don't have a favorite. My taste is wide-ranging and eclectic, and tends to get a lot of eyebrow raising. I like Rock, Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop, Alternative Rock, Country(older more than current, but some current too), Movie Scores, 80s Rock/Ballads, Newer Rock, Early 90s, Late 90s, Boy Bands, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift. . . I could go on and on lol
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? Coding is something I've been doing for ages as has making graphics though I've not done either in awhile so I've grown rusty. I am hoping to get back into both. I used to be really awesome at skinning Proboards before this supposedly "easier change" thing they did, but I'd stopped using PB long before that anyways really even for RPing cause I found it too restrictive. I've been on some InvisionFree boards and liked that okay, but wasn't found of the behind-the-scenes ACP stuff. However, ever since I discovered my first Jcink board I have been hooked, and so that is where I'm at now. I would like to get good at skinning and coding and making doHTML templates for them. Though really I'd looove to learn the web pages stuff and to make a custom profile using the new Jcink forum structure stuff, but it feels so daunting when I read the info. I don't know where to start and there's no example templates. =( Otherwise, I write a lot and blog and read(currently reading: Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson, sequel to The Way of Kings and second book in The Stormlight Archives series) and play videogames(sometimes myself, sometimes my brother plays while I help make choices as my hands don't agree with controllers a lot or a lot of button controls these days) or binge-watch shows(and re-watch them again; currently re-watching Burn Notice and Person of Interest so I can finish the series episodes I haven't seen of both shows, and re-watching HIMYM and Scrubs which I've seen all the way through too many times to count) on Netflix or listen to music. Sometimes variations of these at the same time.
  • What's your favorite drink? Mountain Dew seems to be my favorite at the moment though I am a fan of Blue Powerade, Arizona Sweet Tea, and water flavored with Berry Pomegranate drops as well. =)

• Admin

Hey @LOVE ME AND DESPAIR welcome to The Initiative! I'm glad you've joined us. I share many of your favorites in your love of music. Question is, what are a few of your shows that you like because now I'm curious.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

On 10/4/2016 at 9:58 AM, Morrigan said:

I share many of your favorites in your love of music. Question is, what are a few of your shows that you like because now I'm curious.

Besides some that I mentioned up above(Burn Notice, Person of Interest, HIMYM, Scrubs) there's Firefly, BtVS, Angel, Friday Night Lights, Dollhouse, The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, iZombie, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Parks and Rec, Supernatural(specifically seasons 1-5), Psych, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Lost, Fringe, Shameless(US), Doctor Who, Parenthood, White Collar, Marvel's Daredevil, Marvel's Jessica Jones, (currently watching Marvel's Luke Cage), Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Young Justice, Longmire, Suits. . . that's just a short list. But you can see there's a range there. 

• Admin

Very awesome @LOVE ME AND DESPAIR I have many similar.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.