ことのは (Words - Kotonoha)

Mistress Of The Obvious

Do you like Japan? 

• Contributions Mod

I wouldn't know. I've never been there. Ha! I do like Japanese culture. It's one I feel comfortable with. I'm happy I'm American though.

• I read this! 1

• Contributions Mod

Right now? Iron Mountain, Michigan USA. Well, more so in spring or summer. My mom and uncle (her brother) died in August of last year. They grew up back there. My uncle loved his mom, so it would be nice if I could either sprinkle some of his ashes on her grave or put his ashes in the empty burial plot. If the boxes aren't marked, then I'm not going to do that because mom hated that town with a passion and I wouldn't want her to be there. I want to meet my relatives again (second cousins - all my direct family is dead), and have a service out there for them.

Other trips? My mom had a Japanese penpal in high school. They continued to write each other after the project was over. I'd love to meet him and find out if he became an English teacher like he wanted to. He would probably be surprised at my fondness for Japan.

I also want to trace my genealogy and go on a tour going to the regions and towns my ancestors came from in Germany, Sweden, Greece, and various parts of the USA.

Yes, I do have ten toes. I have a bit of an unsteady walk because migraines, light neuropathy in the soles of my feet, and high arches.

• 2 weeks later...