Hail fellow, well met!

Puffin

Hello everyone! *waves*

So I go by Cass, but you can call me Ulmo, if you prefer.  I’m 27 years old, I live in Northern Ireland and I am a failed PhD student.  Haha… ha.  My subject was witchcraft history, for the curious.  I’m also mother to one gorgeous little rescue dog and happily married to boot.

I work a couple of part-time jobs at the moment and run an Etsy shop on the side.  I love to make things!  I also like to ride horses, take photographs, play video games, stay up late, sleep in, read, write, fish, travel, bake, host tea parties and swim in the sea.  Naturally, as is the case with so many roleplayers, I hope to one day be an author.

My roleplaying journey started when I was thirteen, way back in the dark days of dial-up and MSN.  There have been a few breaks along the way but I’ve been back at it consistently since late 2012.  My favourite genres are fantasy, historical and (pan)fandom.  I prefer to roleplay on forums, though I’m not opposed to some 1x1 over e-mail or Skype.

Favourite books are of course The Lord of the Rings trilogy!  I used to read a lot, before the PhD all but killed my love for it, so I’m slowly getting back into the habit of reading for pleasure (outside of roleplay replies, I mean).  My ultimate movies list includes Song of the Sea, Wolf Children, Into The West, Return of the King, Elf… eh, I’m sure there are more!  Green is my favourite colour.

I’m sure you are sick of hearing about me so please do say hello and maybe tell me a bit about yourself.  And if there is anything you want to know about me, ask away!  I hope I don’t need to say it, but I’m friendly and approachable so don’t hesitate to send me a message.  We can drink virtual tea and put the world to rights. :heart:

• I read this! 4

aff.png affiliate.png

Ever wanted to explore Middle-earth?  Check out these wanted canons.

What about Attack on Titan?  Go here!

Horses are the best! The other day I got home and there was a Clydesdale next to my house (for a Christmas Parade thing) and it was the best end to a bad day ever. :3 What kind of things do you make for your Etsy?

• I read this! 2

Find me on:

Mortal Ends   x5d17s.jpg
{Erin}   {Little Bird}

Oh man, now there's an excellent question!  My earliest gaming memory is of playing Adventure on the Atari (I'm a living fossil, haha) though I've worked my way through quite a few consoles since then: SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360 and finally the PS4.

Dark Souls is my favourite of all time, though I adore Skyrim (it was my first TES experience) and Salt and Sanctuary.  I like some of the Assassin's Creed series, particularly Black Flag.  Most recently I played Unravel, which broke my heart in all kinds of ways.  Oldies but goodies for me include Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Mario Party, Donkey Kong...

Yeah, I like gaming. XD  How about you?  Do you play at all?

Ahh, Clydesdales are one of my favourite breeds!  Such gorgeous creatures. :heart:  I used to own an Irish Sport Horse but sadly she took after her Thoroughbred side much more than her Irish Draught.  Willowy, tall and very, very flighty.  I still doted on her though.

As for my Etsy, I mostly make jewellery, namely necklaces.  My favourites have little bottle charms filled with locally harvested sand, sea glass, shells, etc.  I also decoupage glass storage jars and make little signs with messages written in Scrabble tiles.  Hardly the most exciting wares in the world but I take pleasure in making them. ~

• I read this! 2

aff.png affiliate.png

Hi! Just an operative from SHIELD here. The name Ulmo I believe indicates one of the Varda in the Lord of the rings/Tolkien mythology. At least if I have recalled that correctly. Also horses are amazing animals and I miss my own horse.

• I read this! 3
adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

@Ulmo most recently, I've been playing the remastered Skyrim on my PS4! But some of my favorite series are Bioshock, Mass Effect, and the Batman: Arkham games. Growing up, I loved Animal Crossing, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and Sly Cooper. I've also always been a fan of Pokemon, though I'm not up to speed on the new game.

• I read this! 1

1 hour ago, Gothams Reckoning said:

Welcome to The Initiative! Our dear @SusieQ and @txernest also enjoy horses!

Enjoy? That's a bit of a stretch. It's cold and raining and dark and I have to go back out in a minute deal with mine )< "enjoy" isn't the word I would use... 

Lol but welcome! Do you still ride? Also hello! I'm in Scotland, we're practically neighbours! 

Are you rping on any forums currently? 

• I read this! 3

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone! :heart:

eyXPj55.png
(credit to SoraNiizu)

@Robmin – You have earned my undying respect for recognising my namesake!  Ulmo is indeed one of the Varda, the one associated with water (I chose him because I’m a total mermaid).  You are a fellow rider, then?  What was your horse like?

@Gothams Reckoning – Ahh, I can’t wait to get my hands on remastered Skyrim!  Is it everything hoped for?  What race do you play?  I have to admit, all too often I opt for what my friends consider a ‘boring’ Nord.  Argonians are fun too, mind.  Haha, I’m way behind on Pokemon too!  I only got around to playing Y and Alpha Sapphire this year.  Before that, the last I had played was Crystal on the Gameboy.

@SusieQ – Haha, I remember that pain all too well. XD  I haven’t ridden in a while, beyond occasionally hitting up a trekking centre I used to help out at.  Last time I was riding regularly was when I was doing my Masters and joined the equestrian club.  In… 2013?  Oh man, time flies.  One day I’ll get back to it and, with any luck, I’ll even own a horse again.  Have you been riding a long time yourself?  Ahh, yay Scotland!  I was actually born in Dumfries.  And my horse was sold and shipped to a lady living in Scotland.  We really are neighbours! 😊  As for forums, at the moment all my time and attention is going on The Hobbit Roleplay.  I sometimes get tempted to broaden my horizons but I owe so many posts at the moment.

Edited by Ulmo
  • I read this! 2

aff.png affiliate.png

Hi Ulmo! Welcome to the Initiative! 

Games are a lot of fun, I'm a particular fan of rpgs and strategy games myself. Dark souls is a lot of fun! Though I haven't gotten that far in the first game yet... 

Sleeping in and reading is the best.

• I read this! 2

sig.png

@Ulmo - I don't have a set character for Skyrim! I usually don't play as a human though, just because I like to try something different! I've since played through all the other races though in the TES games, and so I decided to go with a Nord. xD This one is a battlemage, so he wears only robes and then conjures all his weapons.

The remastered version is pretty much just like standard old Skyrim, that I've noticed! It seems to crash less often though, which I had problems with before on the previous generation console.

• I read this! 1

• Admin

Hello @Ulmo welcome to The Initiative! We are glad to have you! I'm not a huge book reader myself but I have no intent to get back into it. I keep trying but nothing has really roped me in. Last set of books I read were Hunger Games. >_<

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaames. I are gamer I play games. XD

I also have a soft spot for the Suffolk after I trained one in college for a class. She was so sweet. The horse I owned, though, was a Quarter Horse cross with a grumpy attitude and way too many smarts for his own good named Ernest. I also did some work training stock Quarters for a bit last year.

Your Etsy sounds awesome, though, so you should send me a link so I can stalk it next time I have money!

• I read this! 1

Find me on:

Mortal Ends   x5d17s.jpg
{Erin}   {Little Bird}

@Freya – Hey, getting through Dark Souls can be a slow grind!  I couldn’t even tell you how many attempts it took me to get past Orstein and Smough, it felt like I had to spend an eternity levelling up.  But yes, I agree, sleeping and reading are hard to beat. ~

@Gothams Reckoning – Yay, Nords represent!  Seriously, I have a friend who always plays as a Khajiit and she reckons Nords are dull (okay so maybe they are a little shhh).  Which reminds me, did your character get married in Skyrim?  If so, to who?  Less crashing is a good thing!  Is it odd I rather hope there are still some glitches though?  Dear old Bethesda.

@Morrigan – Thank you, I’m happy to be here!  I sometimes think roleplaying can make reading books harder.  I’m currently reading the first of the Mistborn trilogy (have been slogging through it for several long months now) and I often find myself thinking… I roleplay with people who write better than this.  Is that terrible?  Probably.  People tell me Brandon Sanderson is a genius.

@txernest – Huzzah, fellow gamer!  Suffolks are beautiful.  I think I just have a soft spot for draughts in general.  Aww, Ernest is a wonderful name for a horse!  It sounds like he was quite the character. :heart:  And I’ll be sure to drop you my Etsy link! ~

• I read this! 3

aff.png affiliate.png

I have been encountering a glitch where the club of any giant that has been killed very, very slowly starts to float up into the sky in a straight line. xD I've also had my fair share of silly goings ons also, though that's less likely to be a glitch and more just a right place + right time sort of thing. At the entrance to the Aetherium Forge, for example, a companion had a zombie summoned on the platform and it did not obey the prompt to step back- and got launched up into the sky when the entrance came up out of the ground. Fun times!

Aaaaaaaaaaand I think I married Carlotta this time around? I should have married Ysolda instead because then she wouldn't be thanking me for returning the stupid golden claw to her MONTHS AFTER I DID IT.

• I read this! 1

• Admin

@Ulmo yeah I believe a lot of roleplayers are better than some stuff I read. Probably because I'm more invested in the stories.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.