Welcome to RPG Initiative a Community for All Roleplayers!
Here at The Initiative, everyone is welcome. Every writing style is valued and there is room for everyone to voice their opinion. It does not matter what medium you use to roleplay, in the end we are all roleplayers who share the passion of writing. The Initiative is a place where everyone can feel safe to be who they are, to have an opinion and where we respect others and their opinions.
What we offer:
Roleplay Directory - We have a robust roleplay directory that includes:
- Common advertising links available right from the directory listing.
- A spot for every type of roleplay category.
- Site Updates available in your listing.
- Comments straight in your listing.
- Codex - Post templates, app templates and more. It's our copy and paste directory made easy.
- Theme Directory - Our theme directory which includes all of the resources you need, images included, in one easy download.
- Playby (Faceclaim) Directory - Finding a playby made easy. Narrow your search by traits that you're looking for in your character representation or contribute new ones.
- Guides - From managing roleplays to how to code these guides will help you in roleplay and real life.
- Writing Partners - Where you can find new Roleplay partners to play with.
- Challenges - Make your own contests to challenge other members or join into staff run contacts and get your site featured on our community index or as a spotlight at the top of the site!
- Access to our coteries as a place to roleplay with writing partners or join other like minded people.
- Access to our MTV's THE REAL WORLD! (or regular everyday non-RP) chat.
- Plus so much more!
- Roleplay Directory - We have a robust roleplay directory that includes:
Recent Staff Updates
Hey again everyone!
We have been working hard to improve the look and feel around the site as well as adding helpful new awesome features. One of those new features is Two Factor Authentication. This is currently enabled to help protect your account from being hijacked if it is ever hacked. If you have suggestions for more questions that we can add (if you choose to do security questions over Google Authenticator) than don't hesitate to post in that thread and give us some ideas!
Next up! We have updated how blogs appear on their main page. We now have the most recent article fully shown with the other articles truncated below. It came with a Grid layout and a traditional layout. We also increased the height of the cover image to better showcase an image of your choosing!
All around we have made some aesthetic changes to many things around the site (like the embeds that were difficult to read). We hope you enjoy them!
Another cool feature that we added is we now have discord integration! So if you're in discord either on your computer or on your phone you will now get notified when new topics are posted around the forums. Currently it is set up to primarily post from the "Wanted, Roleplay" section and the "Roleplay Conversations" sections. In the future this may change. Please feel free to provide feedback in the Staff Contact forum to let us know if you think we should add more or remove any so we know what you like.
Now! Onto Challenges! The Best of 2016 has been posted! We would like to thank everyone who nominated and to remind everyone to look out for these same things as we will be repeating it next year and probably with more categories! You are free to contact us and let us know of categories you think we should add! Go check out the winners here:
Following that! We are looking for award ideas! Funny, nerdy, bizarre whatever! We want to make awards fun to both have and earn. If you have an idea for an award for something around the Initiative than please let us know what it is and how you think it should be earned! We would love more fun and creative ways to engage you!
Moving on from awards! Our Spotlight Challenge is nearly at it's end! Don't miss your opportunity to get your site listed in the header of the Initiative for an entire month! Check it out and send us some stories about Valentine's day! Remember they don't have to be about love!
Voting for Graphics Challenge 9 is up! Go vote for your favorite one here:
We have also posted a new graphics challenge! It's super easy and fun! Go make some avatars of some animals!
Think you have what it takes to write a graphic inspired challenge!? Go check out this writing challenge:
Last but certainly not least! Don't forget about @Gothams Reckoning advice blog. Just send them a PM with your question that you would like advice on and they will post it in the blog and give you advice. You can be completely anonymous just advise GR when you send your PM.
We just want to add that we can't have this awesome community without you! So we thank you for being awesome members and being supportive to one another! You all rock!
The Initiative Staff
This month we are wrapping up the nominations from 2016! We will be getting awards out as soon as we go through the nominations and get everything picked out!
We have quite a few new guides in our guide section. We recommend going to check them out:
We have new graphics and writing challenges posted in their respective challenge forums.
We have also posted this months' Spotlight Challenge. Valentine's emotions! Tell a story about a Valentine's day, good or bad.
We want to remind you about our lovely @Gothams Reckoning blog! You can request directed advice from a longstanding administrator of the roleplaying community. You can find it here:
Have a Happy February!
The Initiative Staff!