Cos and effect

Cosima

Hey,

My name's Cos, actually Cosima.

I've started rping in 1999 as a "Jedi" on a forum.   Since then I moved on to html chat and kept up with forum rp in other locations..

Edited by Cosima
Removed advertisement.

mC51f48.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Cosima we're glad to have you.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thanks for the information and welcome.  

Html chat is basically where the players gather in a chat room and place their posts instead of posting them on a board.  It's more interactive and sometimes is fast paced  as it's really back and forth posting.  Forums work when players can't get together at the same time.  Players have avatars'...some averaging 900x600, most of mine are 800x550, which detail their character  images and there are 'location' pulldowns so you can have a dozen peopel playing in the same room in different 'locations'.   For instance, say, four people are in the 'room'.  Two can be playing in a New York city location and two others in London.  It makes it easy to keep track of who is where with just a glance.     I know that's a very rough explanation.

I'm sorry.

mC51f48.png

Oh, thanks Fee.  It's my stress relief, I make them for my characters and sometimes for other folks.  Lol., when I can't write, I avatar/sig/VP create.  Lol. I have no life. Hope all goes well with you and thanks for the welcome and welcome to you, too!

mC51f48.png

lol

I never really left.  I see advantages to both and enjoy both.

mC51f48.png

Welcome Cosima! I've played on a few chat based RPs myself. Do you prefer that over forums? I can definitely see the appeal, but I'm crazy long winded. LOL 

Ad.png

I don't mind long winded, I do hate waiting an hour for a reply and getting only a couple of sentences to work with.  One guy that I write with averages fifteen minutes to post, as do I, with a good chunk of descriptive imagery.  We have written old west,  pirates, Oliver twist type of characters.  He's great fun. 

I do like the quick  back and forth of chat based and also the ability to continue a play on forums when time doesn't allow a meet-up.  I think they are compatible.

I'm involved in a Circus event.  The scripts from room rpg or posts for board rpg will be posted on their site forum and other players can vote on them. So it will be utilizing both, depending on the typist.  

I'm signed up for tightrope walking.  I will be using my silent film actress, Theodosia for it.  I am not sure how I am going to play that scene.  🙂

I've also signed up for Ride the Ferris wheel.  I have a bootlegger from Chicago I will be using.  Vincenzo.  He will be meeting up with a mafia cohort on the Wonder wheel at Coney island.

Snake charming is the last one I signed up for.  I have the avatar made, but no plan.  🙂

oh well, it'll come.

Thanks for the response.

mC51f48.png