what do these terms mean? (and a few other questions)

eliwantscake

Question

Hello! I'm eliwantscake. I signed up for this website last year and haven't really used it much, but I was hoping to change that. However, my primary roleplaying website operates a bit differently than most, so whenever I go to another site I often end up confused about a few things. 

My first questions are about some terms in the Writing Partner Search. I'm not sure what it means by things like 'private site,' 'current site,' and 'coterie.' I assume the last one to mean that someone is looking for a group of partners, but I wasn't sure.

Second, I'm hoping to find people to join groups I have on other sites. I wasn't entirely sure if I should post about this in the Writing Partner Search, or if I should make a thread talking about the plot in another board.

I'm very likely to have follow up questions, so I apologize in advanced if I don't understand something or if I realize I forgot to ask something. Thank you

2 answers to this question

• Operations Mod
2 minutes ago, eliwantscake said:

My first questions are about some terms in the Writing Partner Search. I'm not sure what it means by things like 'private site,' 'current site,' and 'coterie.

Private Site - Invite only site. 

Current Site - General role play site that you as a player are currently on. 

Coterie  - Our RP format here on The initiative. 

22 minutes ago, eliwantscake said:

Second, I'm hoping to find people to join groups I have on other sites. I wasn't entirely sure if I should post about this in the Writing Partner Search, or if I should make a thread talking about the plot in another board.

If you're looking for players to join in groups on other sites the Writing Partner Search. If you're looking for specific character slots filled then an add in the Character Wanted Ad section 

• Like 2

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Private Site - Invite only site. 

Current Site - General role play site that you as a player are currently on. 

Coterie  - Our RP format here on The initiative. 

If you're looking for players to join in groups on other sites the Writing Partner Search. If you're looking for specific character slots filled then an add in the Character Wanted Ad section 

Thank you!

• You're Welcome 1