Open Coterie  ·  19 members

MyBB Staff People

What have you learnt recently?

Kit the Human

Was there a variable that made your life easier? A clever exploit of myBB's features? A feature that you didn't know existed, but you found it and huzzah! It helped.

• Like 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

I love customizing postbit stuff so it's coloured according to each member's usergroup. I used to do it in a really clunky McGuiver-esque way by sticking the {$post['usertitle']} variable into an element class name. It corresponded to a bunch of classes I had in my css like; 

.text_Member {color: red;}

.background_Member {background: red;}

etc

But now I've learned about the magic of {$usergroup['gid']}. It's less work and much more flexible.

ID variables are a godsend, I swear. My favourite trick with them though was (to save myself rewriting the same code) is thus:

class="miniprofile group{$usergroup['gid']}"

So, you can do all your applicable to all groups with .miniprofile

For the stuff you want to be unique to each group? .miniprofile.groupX

Beats copy pasta all the time!

(I don't know why, but you can't start a class with a number, so you have to add a word or letter in front of the variable.)

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

^this is brilliant. You're my new hero.

• Admin

@Kit the Human most variables in all things don't like numbers first. Code just doesn't like it. You'll find the same issue in PHP too.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I recently pieced together a code to allow members to change their own usergroup (of course to the specific group set for that link), less work for the staff and users don’t have to wait for staff to get the time to update the usergroup.

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png