What plot/wanted ad have you not been able to do?

Rune

DISCUSS AWAY! Maybe this will help people find potential partners!

Do you have a wanted ad/plot sitting around that you just haven't been able to find someone to take/work with you? Maybe you have that one character that just cannot find a ship for the life of them. Or maybe you just have a idea that you haven't found the right person to throw it at? What is your white whale of wanteds?

Share them, let's talk about them and do everything from figuring out why they haven't been taken, suggesting boards they might work on or even offering to take it or just talking about whether or not you think its a neat idea!

• Great Idea 1

I have this suuuuuper narcissist ancient being who struggles to make connections because he is so old that mortals are fleeting. He also is fickle, judgmental, and all around not the most pleasant, even to friends. I had a hot second where he had chemistry with someone (right before we both left the site we were on), and have been desperately trying to find it again. 

It would be so gorgeous and interesting to play out the story of him realizing that he is in love with his best friend, or them realizing (when harry met Sally style) that they love each other and have for a while, but the character is so finicky and particular that making a wanted ad is nearly impossible because I truthfully can't identify if he will like someone until they interact, and by then it would be awkward to say "thanks for picking up the ad, but no dice!"

• Like 1
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

There are a few that I've never seemed to manage...

1) A great political/social rivalry. For some reason I keep finding folks who want all the characters to kumbaya and get along with conflict only arising from NPC villains that are later defeated, which I feel just makes everything rather plain. Sometimes folks just don't get along and ambition abounds.

2) An information network/information sharing. I have an information broker character but recruiting sources and sharing information was like pulling teeth the few times I've tried it. I suspect its because since players knew OOC the character was shady they didn't want to deal with him. Or just kept trying to get into his pants *sigh*

3) Relationships that are intimate but not necessarily romantic. I've gotten glimmers of this and it happened organically, which was just icing on the cake. A good bromance... the bond between fellows in a Band of Brother's fashion.

• Great Idea 1

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

1. I struggle the most with finding an opposition. An antagonistic character to play a role in a political power struggle. No one ever seems to want conflict, which is what I thrive on lol.

2. Romantic plots are hard for me to establish because I am a pain in the ass I guess. I don’t do sappy plots and get bored really quick with generic romantic plots. If anything I like for relationships of this kind to be unconventional or unexpected. I love for them to be organically formed through rp. I don’t do love at first sight. I said above I love conflict and that is true for my romantic plots too. 

And yes I happen to be looking for both of these things for two of my characters.

• Great Idea 1

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

PERN

tumblr_ols5omvtKW1u9v2eto1_500.gif 

I am long of tooth in Pern RP but I haven't ever been able to have HAD/Goldrider before. It's not about the status of le shiny, it's more of the things it can aid in with plot. A dragonhealer HAD/Goldrider can, for example, get a headcount of injured dragons by bespeaking say a Win gleader's dragon without disturbing her queen's concentration as she mentally pins down an injured dragon for delicate wing surgery - saving a fighting dragon to return to the wing with as little damage as possible via an undisturbed queen doing her duty. This can work brilliantly with a growing queen dragonet being extremely helpful to the Weyr well before physical maturity. In addition,  the rider would be able to have needed supplies ready for, say, a slew of specific injuries.

With the Queen's wing flying Thread, say up to four queens, and one Queen left behind to assist healing, it takes some of the strain away from the collective Weyr and loss of much needed clear communication. A highly empathic Junior Weyrwoman left at the Weyr can essentially help coordinate between Weyrs, shunting threadfall pattern images as well as casualty reports or warn the next Weyr of weather pattern changes and Fall expectations.

Ideally, each Weyr should have a HAD to assist correct information relay, especially during Threadfall. They don't have to be a Dragonrider but with a high empathy rating it's far more likely that they would be Standing and Impress well. Canon seems to indicate that women nearly always are HADs but I would absolutely adore a Bronzerider HAD, especially for threadfall coordination. I know, it's a rare trait but it's also the sort of thing that Weyrs hoard and snap up. An exchange system between Weyrs could also be fabulous especially if there are HADs with different strengths. The stronger ones could teach the weaker ones and form cross-Weyr relationships that will last for Turns.

...I have a NEED and a hunger to satisfy this kinda plot. I want a HAD/Goldrider who knows how to use this to Pern's advantage, to keep the Weyrs and their people safe and strong through an interlinked system of HADs that lasts. Man, I can't even. I've thought about this so much and I hope that one day I can do it with the supportive help of each and every player in my game.  LET ME TALK TO YOUR DERG, LET ME BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH YOU.

If there was another dragon who could effectively pin a dragon like that but wasn't a Queen, I'd pick the hell out of that colour - it's the ability I want, not the shiny but from what I've seen it's Gold only. That's my white whale, here. It is the biggest of whales.  

Okay, I'll stop yelling into the void. /cough

Edited by Wintersong