Gadzooks!

Grey

Hello! It's very early and I haven't finished my first coffee, so I'm going to take the easy route. I'm Grey or Felix, depending on which game you catch me on, and I'm looking forward to being a part of this community.

• How long have you been RPing? For a little over 20 years!
  • What are your favorite RP genres? I've always tended to write Star Trek because it's a world I know and love, and I enjoy long-form creative writing.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Email, generally, although with a chat room for planning the evil. Muahaha.
  • What country are you from? I am indisputably British.
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? That's hard. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell; Withnail and I / Leon / Brokeback Mountain; music I really couldn't narrow down like that but I love Radiohead. 
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? Blackjack and gigolos. 
  • What's your favorite color? All of 'em for different reasons! But at a pinch: pink. It's a personality in a colour.
  • What's your favorite drink? All of 'em for different reasons! grin If pushed, red wine. I can't imagine a life without a decent glass of red.

Welcome to the forum @Grey. Look forward to seeing you around the threads but I have to ask: Original Series? TNG? or DS9?

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

• Admin

Do you like the Cloud Atlas movie? Also, who is your fave Star Trek Character? @Grey

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Yes, Radiohead. Also, "Pink, it was love at first sight. I yell Pink when I turn off the light. Pink, it's like red but not quite. And I think everything will be alright, no matter what we do tonight." 

Welcome Grey~

903463525_fish-bottlecopy.png.a7f351980f4f165fa67d95fe6297fae5.png

How nice to be welcomed so warmly. ^_^

@Morrigan: I thought they did a great job of it, yes. It's such a complex work to convert to screen and any criticisms I do have (showcasing the symmetry of the book, for example) I don't know how I'd change myself. How about you? 

Favourite Trek character: this varies over time but I think it has to be Kira. And you?

@Garmr: Thanks! Different series for different reasons. (I say that a lot!) I love the arc plot in DS9 but there are some stand-out episodes in VOY. TNG is classic and I have so much time for Patrick Stewart. But... and this is controversial... I love what they are doing with DIS and am so excited to see how they move things on in S2. How about you?

9 minutes ago, MAD said:

Yes, Radiohead. Also, "Pink, it was love at first sight. I yell Pink when I turn off the light. Pink, it's like red but not quite. And I think everything will be alright, no matter what we do tonight." 

Welcome Grey~

GRIN. I had a pink mohican for a wee while. When I'm a bit more established here, I might even post it up. ;D Thanks! 

• Cheers 1

• Admin

Thank god for some more DS9 fans. I'm a Jadzia Dax fan.

Ezri needs to die in a fire.

@Grey

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

3 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Thank god for some more DS9 fans. I'm a Jadzia Dax fan.

Ezri needs to die in a fire.

@Grey

Hehe! I will never know what Terry Farrell was thinking, leaving at that point. Ezri doesn't provoke quite such strong feelings in me but I'd definitely hand you the fuel or the lighter once you'd caught her. ;D

• Admin

Honestly? There was only ever ONE good Ezri episode. It was the one where Jaron helped her figure out the serial killer which I LOVE> Everything else.... she's a bullshit character and I hate her to death.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

@Grey I grew up on TNG so I'll always have a soft spot for it but honestly Kathryn Janeway is my Captain. I started to re-watch DS9 until my Hulu decided to act up, I found it very interesting that they went the Babylon 5 route with an overarching plot rather than episodic start like most Star Trek series.

@Morrigan Agreed. Jadiza + Warf = couple goals

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

Hello! I loved Leon too...