Howdy

Xev

Hello everyone. So, I've been roleplaying for probably close to four years now. My favorite genres are anime, and fantasy; all things superpowers and magic. I've been apart of many sites over the years, but have never truly been able to find that one place that I love above all others. Not that I didn't like those sites, I just felt like they were missing a thing or two, or they could implement something that would be beneficial to the site. However, not being the type to try and push my ideas on others, I would try and give some suggestions as politely as I could, or just leave the site all-together and start over with something new.

One of my most bittersweet memories regarding roleplaying, or rather a coalition of bittersweet memories, comes from all the times I've joined Fairy Tail sites. I absolutely love the anime, love the plot, the powers, the fighting and battles. Love it all. But sadly, every single one of the sites I've joined all ended up leaving me with a bad taste. Either from being too specific with their grading, too controlling with their rules, or the staff not being around enough to actually do their part.

Eventually I just made the decision. The decision to create my own site. Given my utter lack of coding knowledge and staff duties, many would probably consider this to be a rather fruitless endeavor. And maybe they're right. However, when I started working on the site about a year and a half ago, I managed to make some decent progress. The site is up, theme in place, and about halfway completed. Eventually I stopped though. Not because I wanted to, but because I felt like I had no choice. I became depressed for various reasons, mostly due to working two jobs at the time, while simultaneously attending college. Between all that I had no time to devote to learning any more about coding. That, plus the fact I was trying to do it all alone; had no idea where I might find someone willing to help me, plus potentially be a co-admin; someone who possessed the coding knowledge I didn't to help bridge the gap, and above all else was like-minded. I still don't know if I'll be able to find that person, but here's to hoping.

I've recently picked that project back up. Started learning more about coding, and hopefully soon I'll be able to complete more of the site. If anyone here is willing to assist me, maybe just take a look at the site, let me know what you think, maybe give some pointers that you believe could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Simply let me know, and I'll link the site. Oh and speaking of which, it's an Owari no Seraph, or Seraph of the End site. Something I've wanted to be apart of for quite some time, but sadly have never been able to find. (That's active at least.)

Anyways, that's all I've got for now. Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone is having a great day.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new site.

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

Oh, I've been there friend. I'm also from the animanga community and have had my ups and downs with creating and running my own site. I have a few forums still on the works and have been for years, mainly because of life and not having enough time. I ended up with my current site because I adopted it from someone else. 

Having joined the initiative was one of the best decisions I've made. I've learned so much and have met a number of great people here, willing to give you help and feedback when they can. Joining their discord really helped me to get to know them better and feel a bit more confident when posting here.

I'd be willing to extend a helping hand. Just message me and I'll see what I can help with. ^^

Edited by MAD

903463525_fish-bottlecopy.png.a7f351980f4f165fa67d95fe6297fae5.png

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Xev a great place to get a review would be in our reviews section:

https://rpginitiative.com/forum/220-site-reviews/

And a great place to find staff is in our "Find Staff section"

https://rpginitiative.com/forum/74-find-staff/

I've never heard of that Anime but I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thank you so much for the offers and info. I haven't had any chances yet to actually explore the site, so I had no ideas about those areas. I'm sure they will prove useful. This site has already proven to be far more helpful than any others that I've posted at, if nothing more than the simple fact that I've received responses. I'm exceedingly grateful for the welcome and assistance, and will make use of it.

Edited by Xev
  • You're Welcome 1
  • Cheers 1

Welcome from the local resident vampire! (Or so some people say... I swear I am not a vampire, but I hail from Romania...) I was a newbie administrator once too... and, 8 years later, I still don't know much coding and graphics. I am here into writing.

Welcome! Hopefully you can find what you are looking for on this site, it seems to have lots of resources if you look in the right places. it seems a few helpful links were posted above to help get you started ! good luck!

I have to ask, although I suspect I already know the answer: does your username have anything to do with Lexx?

Thank you again. And as for my username, I'd have to say no, I've never heard of Lexx. I chose it because it's the name of one of my favorite characters, Xevikan Daraxerxes, from one of my favorite  novels: The Chronicles of Nick by Sherilon Kenyon.

Edited by Xev

14 hours ago, Xev said:

Thank you again. And as for my username, I'd have to say no, I've never heard of Lexx. I chose it because it's the name of one of my favorite characters, Xevikan Daraxerxes, from one of my favorite  novels: The Chronicles of Nick by Sherilon Kenyon.

"No" was what I suspected!  One of these days I'll run across someone who remembers/worships Lexx like I do.  I'm sure the book referenced is good though. 😉  Also hi there, from one newish person to another.  👍