Sesame Orange Chicken Salad

Arceus

This stuff's too good not to eat all of it, and the ingredients together can make enough for everyone in the house! Toss together almost any veggie. It's a salad, make it fun!

Ingredients:

• Salad:
    • Greens
    • Carrots
    • Mandarin Oranges, canned (for the juice)
    • Sliced Almonds (you can get these pretty cheap in the baking aisle)
    • Green Onion
    • Chicken, either pre-prepared or baked/fried at home
      • Could probably substitute just about any other meat, it just needs a protein source and you'll want it boneless/skinless
    • Sesame seeds (these are usually with the salt and seasonings)
    • Salt/pepper to taste
  • Dressing:
    • 1 tbsp Mandarin orange juice (ngl I actually just dump like half of the juice I have in there XD)
    • 1 oz toasted sesame oil
    • 2 oz rice vinegar (two oz is a quarter cup in the US)
    • 1 tbsp sugar

Preparation:

1. Slice up the carrots however you like and combine with the salad greens.
  2. Drain the oranges and reserve the juice.
  3. Trim off the ends of the green onion, and slice them on an angle.
  4. Prepare the chicken if necessary.
  5. Combine the orange juice, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sugar. It doesn't mix perfectly easily, but fairly.
    1. If you need to sub the sugar for something, that's fine, and I think the sugar can be halved or taken out without much issue.
    2. If you want a bit of extra flavour, sub for honey.
  6. Saute the sliced almonds. Very low heat, and be very careful, as they burn easily.
  7. Add the dressing to the salad mix. Toss to coat evenly.
  8. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
  9. Slice chicken into 1/2" pieces.
  10. Add chicken to salad greens, top with toasted almond, green onion, mandarin oranges, and sesame seeds.

Aside from the dressing, this doesn't have much  in the way of specific measurements. This is purposeful. Eyeball it. The dressing measurements above actually make quite a bit of dressing, but it can be doubled, or halved, as you see fit. Add in other vegetables, tomatoes, or sub one for another. I've made it with red onion, too, also fairly good but they had to be roasted a bit first to take out the bite. xD

• Like 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)