Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

Submitting Graphics for Graphic Contest

Oh man, this is probably going to sound really stupid, but I was wondering. . .

What exactly am I supposed to put in for these categories that pop up?

Specifically, set Copyright for all and set Credit for all. I know the notifications and tags, but I'm unsure what to put in the other fields. Do both have to be filled in? What's the difference between Credit or Copyright in terms of the forum policy? Does it show usage guideline text to the people who use the graphics or? My usual policy is I'm fine as long as people don't try to claim my work as their own, and they can give me credit if they want, but I've never filled in fields like this before so figured since different site, new experience I'd ask so I don't misstep.

NewSig.png

18+ March & April 1797 British East India

the ericourt gallery_1151_21_31428.gif  [Image: mCcF1G.png] static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa 7A5bb.png

copyright - the exclusive legal right, given to an originator or an assignee to print, publish, perform, film, or record literary, artistic, or musical material, and to authorize others to do the same.

-- This means that unless you specifically own, used free stock images, or purchased rights to paid stock  you have no right to an exclusive copyright of any image you produce. At best you have a creative commons license

Creative Commons: A Creative Commons (CC) license is one of several public copyright licenses that enable the free distribution of an otherwise copyrighted work. A CC license is used when an author wants to give people the right to share, use, and build upon a work that they have created. CC provides an author flexibility (for example, they might choose to allow only non-commercial uses of their own work) and protects the people who use or redistribute an author's work from concerns of copyright infringement as long as they abide by the conditions that are specified in the license by which the author distributes the work.

Credit - this includes you as the creator of the image. However, if possible you are expected to credit the original creators of any image you create, or any resources that you used to create the image. So if you use a downloaded brush set from DeviantArt, for example, Initiative staff expects that you comply to that Da artist's terms of use, and credit them accordingly. The Initiative does not accept liability for member misuse of resources, as per TOS, and any violations will be directed to the user responsible. 

image.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this