Open Coterie  ·  58 members

Gamers

Favourite gaming franchise

Kit the Human

What're your favourite gaming franchise(s)? Why do you rate them?

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon Age (Great story, fantastic characters, excellent world building)

Mass Effect (I'm one of those weird people who actually liked the ending of ME3 but the jury is still out for me on Andromeda. Loved the story, I cried when characters died.)

BioShock (Underwater dystopia based on Ayn Rind? Yes please! Love the use of the multiverse too)

Dead Space (except for the one mini-game where you had to stick a needle in your character's eye... nooope.)

Darksiders (I seriously wish they would continue the franchise because the story is amaze balls)

Animal Crossing (It helps me relax. Do -not- judge me)

Edited by Garmr

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

• Admin

The only franchise I actually follow is the break away of Valve's Halflife, the Portal series. I'm hoping there is a Portal 3 in the future but we'll see.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 1 month later...

Surprising no one: Dragon Age is my number one favorite franchise. The lore of the games, and the political struggles that happen during disasters fascinates me.

I also really love the Mass Effect series, and even loved Andromeda though apparently that's an uncommon opinion.

The Witcher series, even if I couldn't actually stand trying to play number 2. I have read and listened to a lot of books for this series as well.

Warcraft from the RTS games all the way through the MMO. (Honestly Blizzard's big 3 Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo are among my favorites.)

Final Fantasy games, though there are some I haven't played like 12, 13 and 15, which is mainly due to being on PC. (I do occasionally pop into the MMO XIV)

The Sims will always have a special place even if their DLC and expansion content feels money grabbing to me.

The Tropico franchise because its just downright fun being a virtual dictator.

I'm not sure if it counts as a franchise yet, but I am loving Pillars of Eternity and Pillars of Eternity 2.

• 3 years later...

Not sure what qualifies as a franchise or not, so please bare with me.. 😅6Qq1YvdVJGyShV40lNUXZjXMa8gk8wF6dxQMMMSvWYbdRG5HHPtpvEjjN2kM094a___vn1oT90A_giXKejXo1lKQiQm2OXsPzbUBrQoGZy7mFZCSG5362Xq2wCC53hVz7kN0UnluMmVf-eXj1Gyq8yM

The Elder Scrolls (My first love was Morrowind and I have also spent a fair amount of time on Oblivion and Skyrim. I absolutely love the world, lore and how they - in my opinion, were the pioneers of actual roleplay, with the immersive dialogue, options and consequences. I feel it lacked a bit in Skyrim however, and online is a whole other story, but I hope they get it back for IV..)

Dragon Age (I am obsessed with all the games - the characters and companions in particular. I don’t think I ever get so emotionally invested or connected to the figures than in these games. The lore and world is also amazing and I can’t seem to get enough)

Mass Effect (I’ve never been much for space or Sci-Fi, but Mass Effect won me over with its world, lore and again - companions. Being able to influence the course of things and build relationships is just the best.) 

Divinity I and II (Me and my swede love to play co-op and this one has really been our favorite for sure. The lore, characters and cool mechanics are just amazing and I just get really sad thinking it might not be anymore follow ups coming..) 

Pillars of Eternity (I am still playing through the first one, but I already love the world. Again, the companions, banter and relationship building is key for me and they have nailed that part. I also love how this one really gives me the sort of old school table top feel.) 

The Sims (Probably the franchise I have spent the most time and money on and it just never gets old. Sure, I might stop playing for a year or so, but I always pick it back up eventually.)

Tropico (I love management simulators and this one is just super fun - the whole vibe just makes it so chill to play.) 

Civilization (There’s just something really relaxing about these games - the strategy part (which I always play on easy or normal so I don’t have to stress out) and just the beauty of the interactions and world building.) 

Sherlock Holmes (I absolutely love the Frogware Sherlock games - especially the old ones. Walking around, picking up clues, deducting and solving mysteries. Those kind of games can get really immersive)

Fallout (Love the post-apocalyptic world and the story in those. Have spent a lot of time on those games, despite not being much shooter combat.)

Those are the ones I can think of on the top of my head. So many good games

Edited by JulieWilhelmine

32931973_SAgif(1).gif.746e26b022202f76c8b58022c38b9a76.gif