Open Coterie  ·  58 members

Gamers

Favourite Gaming Platform

Kit the Human

Favourite gaming platform  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What are your favourite gaming platforms? Why?

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My laptop is definitely my top choice. Its is not the fanciest thing out there, but it handles general gaming really really well. Honestly I just prefer using a keyboard and mouse. I can always count on my games to be updated and ready to go. And the graphics are killer. 

But sometimes I just want to turn on my big screen and slay stuff while I lay on the couch. Which is why I have a PS4 as well. I prefer it to xbox for several reasons, but I find that can turn into a pretty heated debate so I'll just leave it at that. 😅

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

Depends on the game. In my home we have 5 gaming systems between 2 people (7 if you count PCs) and I can honestly say I really liked the X-Box 360 for intuitive  (at least to me) use.  X-Box One's menu system just confuses the crap out of me, why did they have to ruin a good thing?! Honestly wish some of the PC games (i.e Undertale) would let me use the X-Box controller for them.

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

...You have how many consoles??

I have a switch, playstation and pc. I much prefer my switch (for portability) or pc (for mouse and keyboard), but it really is nice to vegetate on the couch sometimes in front of the PS4.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

We have the following:
- Playstation 2/3 (Spouse creature plays retro games on it)

- Wii U

- Xbox 360

-Xbox One

- PS4

We have a set up where I have a couch facing one screen and spouse creature has a couch facing the projector screen with a snack table in between us. It's... romantic... in an introverted nerdy sort of way.

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

My house is sort of insanity for gaming consoles.

Just between myself and the boyfriend, we have... a PS4 Pro, PS4, 2x Xbox 360, 2 GameCubes, a PS3, PS2, PS1, N64....

Then we each have a 3DS XL (his is the new one, mine is older), he's also got a Vita and PSP, A Wii-U, and finally.... a Nintendo Switch.

Admittedly, most of them are his. One of the GameCubes, one of the 360s, and the 3DS XL are mine. But also, technically, we are common-law, so legally they are also mine now!

Add in PCs.... then you add 2 desktops, 2 laptops, and a Chromebook. I don't even know all of what our roommate has. I think he has a 3DS XL and PS4 for sure, as well as his own desktop.

....Yeah, we're not a gamer household at all.... /s

eledriasister.pngworsister.png

• Admin

I have an SNES, one the the SNES minis. Playstation 2/3/4 and a Nintendo Switch and of course, all of my millions of PCs. If you count gameboys as consoles I have a 3DS and my BF has a PS vita.

I have never owned an xBox in my life and there has never been a game on the xBox that would ever get me to buy it and since so many games are starting to span PC and console I'm likely going to start phase out consoles that aren't retro.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 3 weeks later...

I play 95% of my games on my PC. I do have a Nintendo 3DS but that's for Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing >.> They unfortunately don't get as much love as my PC.

I haven't owned a new console since PS1, though I am considering getting a Switch at some point.

• 1 month later...
  • Operations Mod

I've got an Xbox 360, One and I have a PS2... somewhere. I think? I may have chucked the thing. 

Playstation was the platform I started out with, but I've used Xbox exclusively for a few years now. I like both consoles, but right now Xbox One is my preference because its back compatibility is better - don't have to purchase them again, they just download into my game library as they're released for One . Beyond that, I don't play games enough for any other specs between the two to make a difference to me so I'd stick with Xbox just because I prefer the controller. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• 3 years later...

I started out on PC so that will always have a special place in my heart. Some games I definetly prefer playing on the PC, like simulator games, dialogue focused ones and those that just are better optimized for it.

RPGs I really prefer playing on xbox series x though - Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and Dragon age needs to be on that big screen with the cinema speakers for immersiveness in my opinion 🥰 

Also, my computer is falling behind these days and is not capable of running most new things smoothly, or at all, so there's that 😅

32931973_SAgif(1).gif.746e26b022202f76c8b58022c38b9a76.gif