Open Coterie  ·  24 members

Star Trek

Favorite Race

Morrigan

• Admin

I'm a huge Trill Fan! Like huge! They are legit my fave but I love Caitians and Half Ktarians. I'll alctually likely move some of my Star Trek photo manipulations over to the Images in this Coterie.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I've always had a soft spot for the Trill, too. I thought they were an inventive addition.

They say that each ST series adds a niche with racial (read: human social) that couldn't be fulfilled before: TOS was a black woman in a bridge role; TNG made the CMO female and put a former enemy, a Klingon, on the bridge; DS9 had a black male CO and played with gender (via the Trill) and religion (via the Bajorans); VOY had a female Captain. And, y'know, ENT had Russell Watson singing the theme tune. #wherenoonehasgonebefore #stayhome

The Romulans are awesome. The Bajoran/Cardassian conflict is enjoyable and prescient. Basically any race where there's a point. Plus, for ST RP, there's a lot of latitude in canon for these aliens, which makes it fun for writers. ^_^

• Admin

Well what I find more interesting is that they evolved some races on a per series basis. I mean in TNG the Ferengi were whipping, hissing assholes. In DS9 they are pointed businessmen. And the Trill were just a passing thing in TNG and they were fully fleshed out in DS9.

It's probably why DS9 is my fave series.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 4 months later...

I got to say the Betazoids are in the win for me, I play a character now that is like everything Betazoid is not and I love the inner house struggle she is enduring because she is different from her family and friends. The open culture in it and their open and free mind ❤️ 

Keeper RaWolfe

Owner of the Exonia Realm

• 1 year later...

Trill are probably my favourites as well. But there's so much to like about all the other races as well. The Cardassians, the Bajorans, the Romulans. All very strong candidates for 2nd place.

Mayterial Droz

Captain

fawkes.png