Open Coterie  ·  46 members

Site Design

Favorite Font Combinations

Jones

We have a thread about our favorite fonts, now lets talk about the combinations we enjoy! And any tips we have when it comes to fonts too. For instance, when working in print its best to use serif fonts for larger bodies of text. The serifs create a line that is easier for the eye to follow. Where as sans serif is easier to read as body text when it comes to online content. It is clearer at small sizes and on smaller devices. 

Right now my fave combos are: 

Meddon and Judson (or Libre Baskerville

Abril Fatface and Poppins

Sawarabi Mincho and Open Sans

• Like 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've fallen in love with Unica One combined with Roboto. I actually use Roboto Light (300 weight). Gives me a decent sci-fi-futuristic feel, and I used this combo in my latest theme design.

I also like combining Merriweather Serif and Merriweather Sans. They work very well together. For probably obvious reasons lol

Overlock SC with either Open Sans or Tahoma.

(I am a total Tahoma freak so I will pair it with almost anything tbh.)

Comfortaa pairs very well with almost anything, but I've got it with Tahoma at the moment in a theme design.

I also like Rajdhani with Merriweather Sans.

• Like 2

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)