Does your character leave the door open or closed when they go to the bathroom?

Morrigan

• Admin

So this is a three part question because their are different relationships that people feel and don't feel comfortable with it and some of them never do so read carefully to understand.

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they are by themselves in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom?

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they have a close friend over in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom?

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they have a boyfriend/husband are there in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom?

I'm cool with you answering this for other locations too. I was just thinking about it and figured I'd give you all some food for thought.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Interesting one. Let's see. I'll go with Maggie, the character I've been writing more consistently at the moment:

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they are by themselves in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom?

Depends. She'll close it if she's taking a hot shower, otherwise it'll be open.

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they have a close friend over in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom?

She doesn't really have close friends, and her go-to bathroom is upstairs in the master bedroom, so she'll leave the door open.

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they have a boyfriend/husband are there in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom?

Definitely open, unless she's taking a shower, then she'll drag him in with her.

Shady McShaderson

• Operations Mod

Seth leaves it open on all aforementioned counts unless there's some extra-level shit going down on the throne. 

• LOL 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Always closed! All the current characters I play wouldn't dare leaving it open for any reason. I guess they all share the same need for privacy.

• 2 months later...

Kalani is a private individual, so he leaves the bathroom door closed most of the time. There are two exceptions though:

1. He has a ritual that he does in the bathroom once every three months - he communes with his dead ancestors to "keep in touch" with them.

2. When he is spring cleaning, he leaves the bathroom door open to air it out.

Niasma

All my characters keep the door shut at locked at all times when they are using the bathroom.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

The bathroom has a door? Fancy. - Says literally half of my characters ever.

Nothing you haven't seen before, right? - Says the other half, I'm sure.

I probably have one (maaayyybe two) PC(s) who would close the door. No one else has any concept of privacy or the need for it.

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD

• 1 year later...

Closed - always closed no matter who it is. Some things he's just not ready to share with others, even his significant other.

• 1 year later...

Oh totally closed. She hates people already so she doesn't want anyone to see her in general when she is not prepared for interaction, much less in the bathroom.

• Admin

I just realized I didn't answer this for ANY of my character's.

My character Alice is sorta "one of the boys" so free balling in front of people wouldn't bother her (she's the sort that if she needs to pee bad enough she'll pee in a urinal even if its awkward as fuck). So open unless she's embarrassed (sick).

My character Violet is more of a closed and locked unless in the master bathroom. Her husband and her have been through the ringer and its a high trust thing that they not lock it when its just them for drug abuse reasons in their past.

My character's Laria, Scotty, and Richie are all closed and locked people. They believe the bathroom is sacred.

My character Mordria, on the other hand, is relatively inconsistent. She's lock it if she doesn't want someone barging in but a quick pee likely won't warrant an emergency so she will do it without even closing the door (blame the fact that she has a ton of brothers).

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

For the only chara I'm playing atm:

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they are by themselves in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom? OPEN ALL THE WAY!

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they have a close friend over in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom? Depends on the friend's boundaries. Probably at least slightly open & depending on mood (whether she wants more privacy/safety or not).

Does your character close the door or leave it open when they have a partner there in their house/apartment to go to the bathroom? Generally open, if her partner doesn't insist she shuts it. Again, depends on mood, see above.

Because I play in the Viking era bathrooms weren't a luxury really. Perhaps an area with bushes to offer privacy to squat down and do your thing if you are on the road a lot or lived on a small farm. If you we're in a major port/village they would have has a cess pool area to dump a bucket in. So I guess for me it is; 'very open door'.

Not something I've consciously thought about before.  But actually an interesting question. And surprisingly revealing.  My current guy, he's most definitely a door open in all of those circumstance kind of person.  Partly because he's somewhat of an exhibitionist, but also he's just pretty casual, and comfortable in himself. On the surface at least.