Dragon

Workaholics. Perfectionists.

I can't have a lazy or laissez faire character. I am personally the opposite and have no idea how to write them.

I've also only recently branched into LGBT characters. I'm personally heterosexual so didn't feel able to take a step into rping something different to my own personal perspective on attraction. I also know that a lot of people who identify as LGBT can be very sensitive to the topic and I didn't want to rp someone like that "wrong"... But I have an awesome community on my site at the moment - many of whom are LGBT - and I have felt confident enough to branch out and give it a go 😄

So, previously I would have said heterosexual is a pattern for me but NOPE I'm breaking that one 😄

I have no issues with gender bizarrely - always have rped both male and female characters - usually in equal balance...

On 10/13/2018 at 5:34 PM, Dragon said:

Are there any patterns you catch yourself falling into when creating new characters? Things like gender, physical/personality traits or things like birth dates/zodiac signs? Whether or not they keep pets, or the kinds of pets they keep. Any sort of thing, really. 

Are there any kinds of traits that you intentionally incorporate into all characters? As an example (arguably a particularly odd one), I was once on a site with a player who would literally only play characters with a name that began with C. 

So what are your patterns and quirks with character building? And, more importantly, is there any specific reason why? 

Yes, I do have patterns. Some of it is for expedience and some of it is about comfort level due to my advanced age.

At my sites, I generally play at least one heterosexual male and one female character. However, they are rarely romantically paired because I like to leave them open for interactions with other characters. On other sites, I look at the male/female rations and choose what appears to be needed. So, if a site is male heavy, I choose a female, etc.

Most of my characters will have a musical talent of some kind. It's my little foray into something I have always wished I had done growing up.

Again, generally speaking here, I tend to create characters that are as well-rounded as I can make them. Since RP is about interacting, I try to make them open to meeting and forming various types of relationships from adversarial to close friendships.  Whether male or female, I like strong and positive main characters. My secondary characters can be more negative. Overall though, I am going for a more idealistic person, not tons of angst and personal drama. I want the drama in the stories.

Most of my characters have a strong moral center and very strong personal code of honor. They believe in justice and the rule of law. I like playing law enforcement or military type characters.

Although these patterns prevail, when I get down to writing their personality and life experiences, those will vary greatly. 

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!