Love our Lurkers: Why did you become a member of the Initiative?

Morrigan

I found RPG-Initiative via DF. Discovered I had joined this site and forgotten all about it when I tried to create an account. ;)  When I asked about changing my username because the original one was related to only one game I owned, I was given such wonderful help! Then I got sucked into the discussions. I believe had had way more than 10 posts before I finally got around to advertising the first of my 3 sites.

I was so happy to find a resource site with actual resources that were well-organized and easy to find and use. I love our membership, the discussions, and the total devotion to roleplay exhibited by everyone here.

So, while not a true lurker, I was a sort of unintentional lurker!

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

• 5 weeks later...

I joined pretty shortly after finding it, for two reasons:

1: It's got rainbows and disco colors  e v e r y w h e r e  so I'm guessing/hoping that means we're pretty gay here.

2: Thoughtful, friendly discussions.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

I kinda found you twice.

I found you during a turbulent week of my life and I forgot about this place. like 2 weeks later, I found you again and realized I already had an account (though why I signed up with the 'wrong' nickname is still beyond me).

I logged in again, lurked for another day to get a feel for the community.

Thought "hey this is a cool place. They deserve my time and attention" and I got active. Sorta.

• Love 1

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

Honestly, I had been members of other directories (some out of necessity of being staff at the time and having to have an active persona) but this is the only one where it feels like a community focused genuinely on roleplay and support when you read through threads and interactions. 

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

From lurking for a while, I recognize myself in the people here, and a lot of my opinions and thoughts seem to align with the majority of what I see, and its always nice to feel you have something in common with people.  I really like the constructive discussions and food-for-thought posts I have seen while I've been lurking, and also I've come across some new ideas that have challenged my ways of thinking, and I like that.

• Fuck Yeah! 1