Love our Lurkers: Why did you become a member of the Initiative?

Morrigan

• Admin

ian-schneider-66374.jpg

What converted you from lurking around the Initiative and become a member? Whether it was the community, an event, or even just to submit your site to our directory, let us know!

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

So initially it was to submit a site to the directory, ngl. But despite my remaining a bit lurky after I did that, I found myself drawn to this community more than most other directories. And ultimately I ended up diving in much more deeply after some time of hanging around because the community here is great.

• Love 2

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

I first got introduced to the site by my co-admin @Prophetess as a good resources for dos and don'ts of the art of being an admin. Lurked because I'm always a little wary of new sites where I don't know anyone, my own baggage from an incident where I was myself and made a joke that went over like a pork chop in a synagogue with the crowd. 

Finally decided to become a member when I saw a thread where it was like they were talking directly about my experience as a role player and wanted to contribute. Have enjoyed the discourse since and even made some good friends along the way (Love to the tequila goddess @DireWolfe)

• Fuck Yeah! 1

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

I'm probably kind of a weird, specific case. I was a member of DF, which didn't have activity requirements for adding links. I did post here and there (and by that I mean maybe once every two months or summat), and the community was more along the lines of what I wanted. Mostly I watched others interact, and never contributed, because there's always that corner in my head going "Shut up Arc, nobody gives a shit what you have to say." I was actually part of the little control-group that helped create RPG-I, and to be totally honest, up to that point, I had no idea anyone even was aware I friggin existed, let alone cared what I thought enough to make me a part of something like that, and in some sense, helping bring RPG-I to realisation really attached me to it. My voice helped shape it, you know?

Tbh, someone else acknowledging I existed in a way that didn't freak me out, that was probably gonna be the only way to get me active. Because it was either that or actually coming to me like "Hey, so, you can like do stuff," or whatever, and that would've made me anxiety-shit-a-brick. Soo... I don't think something like that will ever happen again; at least, not easily.

Sometimes, I'll still vanish for a bit. I'm not as active as I could be. But tbh, RPG-I is home in a way nowhere else is. -squeezes site- CHU ARE MY SQUISHY. I SHALL KEEP YOU AND LOVE YOU AND CALL YOU SQUISHY. THIS IS MY OHANA. I FOUND IT ALL ON MY OWN.

• Love 3

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• Operations Mod

I joined because I was staff on another site that was listed here a couple of years ago. I posted like... three times. A while later I came back to notch up the ten post so I could list my own site in the directory - but it felt kind of shitty to just do that so I kept poking around and trying to get involved. 

Then I discovered the coterie function through one of the "role plays you want" type threads and that's why I stick around. 

@Morrigan

• Love 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

I've been aware of this site for a while. RPG Imitative is becoming bigger and bigger (and better!) by the day.  I simply couldn't lurk any longer.  There are some unique features here that I can't find anywhere else. Also, it offers some interesting services that I'd like to take advantage of very soon.

• Agree 1

I love Morrighan since she was a tiny pirate captain 😉 Back in 2009. And I followed her forever...

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

I am a simple woman, with simple needs, and thus wanted to list my new site on a directory to try and help garner a memberbase (most of my go-to dragalong friends retired from RPing). The discussions sucked me in.

• Love 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I wanted to put my ad in the directory! I did the same on rpg-d. But I only participate in the community here at the initiative - I don't on any other resource sites. Even though it's not a smaller community, it feels more...home-y here? People are actually discussing things that I find relevant to my rp experience, and I trust people's opinions here more. I also don't get the sense that anyone here is particularly clique-y, so that made me want to be a part of it. 

Plus there are some reps from some really great, as well as long time running, rp's here. That drew me in as well!

• You're Welcome 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

I joined right away, but I lurk. I think this is my second post ever? Maybe the first. Who knows. *lurks more* 

• Love 2

The past is a place of reference, not residence.

Been lurking for a while, love how your directory is set up and wanted to get a chance to submit to it. Work has me super busy, but I'm hoping I can become a regular and active poster.

• Love 2

I started posting because I wanted to drop my link in the directory.

I stayed posting because I enjoy the discussions. 💖

• Love 2

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to listing on the directory, but I also wanted to get to know other people who are interested in what goes into running a RPG site, rather than only on participating. I love to see the discussions about behind the scenes and also the discussions of what's important to members and people checking out sites.

I came from DF and honestly I stay because it’s the only resource site where I haven’t felt attacked. 

• Love 1

Reality is an illusion. 

I wanted to add my site to the directory, but also it's handy to kill time here while I'm stuck at work 😛

• Love 1

image.png.f86e26073cdaafb73587b2b54a3de1f2.png