Open Coterie  ·  10 members

Dr Who

Favorite Episode

Morrigan

• Admin

What is your favorite episode and why?

I think one of my favorites was a recent Capaldi episode with the T-Rex in London. That or Are you my Mummy? They are just intriguing and likely some of my favorite stories/issues that the Doctor had to solve.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

The first serial with the Daleks in classicWho (the Dead Planet), is probably my favorite of all time and it really only gets better the more you learn about the Daleks later. Some things get retconned, of course, because Doctor Who. The idea that the Doctor makes a moral decision to wipe out the Dalek (when, at this point, they haven't done anything particularly heinous besides want to irradiate their home planet because they'll die without radiation and they don't care if the opposition can't survive it), is rather chilling. And the fact that this decision comes back to bite him later and could even be construed as the reason for the time war to begin with is amazing.

Of newWho, my favorite episode is probably either The Empty Child ("Are you my mummy?") or Heaven Sent from Capaldi's run. They were both just amazingly written and wonderfully shot and tense as heck. 

• Love 1