Open Coterie  ·  10 members

Dr Who

The Master

Morrigan

• Admin

The Master (now known as The Mistress) is an intriguing character in itself. Do you have any special thoughts/desires on them? I'm kind of hoping for a get together of The Doctor and The Mistress.... fan fiction fodder? If I only wrote fanfiction.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I have always loved the Master, and the Master's relationship with the Doctor in particular. I'll take your fanfiction fodder and raise you this plot point from ClassicWho:  The Master left Gallifrey BECAUSE the Doctor did.  In the Third Doctor's run, it is highly implied that they were both trouble-makers, inseparable, and that the Doctor was tasked to stop him specifically because they had history and they were both failures. Tthe two of them even had a squabble over who was smarter. The master got a higher degree, but the Doctor always got better grades. Even while the Master was trying to kill the Doctor, especially in the early days, it always seemed more like he was just upset that the Doctor didn't want to take over the world with him than an actual hatred.  

While the best Master will always be the first one (beautiful, goatee'd Delgado), Missy was a great take on the character in my opinion. She seemed slightly more stable than the previous one, and she had the same scheming, desperately-wanting-attention feel that the older Masters did.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

• Admin

YES! Missy so far of newWho is my favorite of all time. She just comes off better to me? Less disorganized like the previous master. Which if you're a master why/how would you be off your rocker that much? I don't mind the trying to kill/trap/etc the doctor. They just seemed off. Missy herself seems like what I would expect from a proper villain to the Doctor's heroism.

• Preach it! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.