What are you writing about?

Morrigan

• Admin

Tell us your few sentence synopsis of the story you intend to write this year.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

The Queen has pawns and some of those pawns are more useful than the others. Follow Ruby as she navigates the difficulties of her first year at Beacon Academy as leader of her very own team. Watch over the course of the year as the adults struggle to buy enough time for their last hope to grow up and grow stronger. But time is running out as the darkness rises and in the end, none are prepared for what is coming. A retelling of the well-known story of RWBY, but not as it is recalled, precisely.

Currently planned fic synopsis. This is the one I have outlined.  And I'm going to try and stay on track with it if only because doing the necessary worldbuilding for my other option is... going to take longer than the rest of october, realistically.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

A contemporary romance, a sort of a sequel to "The Crew", written during Camp NaNo April and which will appear in a couple of weeks. Those characters had grown up. 

After 20 years, a man returns in his home town. He had lived abroad, running from a bad company (a mistake of his naive youth) and from an unrequited love. He had tried to drown his sorrows into the bottle, until, two years ago, he had met his godchildren - the adopted children of his past love, the one he was trying to forget. They made him promise not to drink anymore. He kept his promise (it was not easy, and of course 2-3 times he had relapsed into a drunken night. But for almost 2 years, he had been sober.)

In battling his demons, his sister convinces him to return in his home town, where he'll meet again his past love, but also a new one, a widow. The second shuttle to happiness. Will the two new lovers, separated by their demons and by the prejudices of society, take the second shuttle together?

• Love 1

Okay, now that I KNOW what the heck I'm writing this year:

White as Snow
A vampire kingdom to the north, ruled by the fairest of them all, is balanced upon the tip of a knife. Lulled by Snow's enchanting beauty, and no doubt, her dark magic, into a non-combative lethargy, the kingdom is a sleepy place, half vampire, and half not. But a young girl, almost as beautiful as Snow herself, begins to rouse the kingdom from its sleepiness, and Snow seeks to be rid of this threat once and for all; yet, she fails, and the girl, now herself a vampire, flees to the south, where she marries a king, and inherits his rule after his death.

Forewarned by a magic mirror, she begins to raise an army of vampire hunters. The southern kingdom believe their queen but a bit quirky, as vampires, after all, are just creatures told about in gaudy heroic tales, told by drunken patrons to the off-key strum of a bard's lute. But the threat from the north proves to be real, as soon, the Fairest of Them All travels south, to finish what she'd started...

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I'll be doing the same thing as last year, a collection of short stories about my current cast of characters. I like to do one shots and short private/npc only scenes from their pasts. That way I'm working on something that feels relevant to my major hobby while still getting the word counts in. Hopefully I do better there year. 😅

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

• 2 weeks later...

And today I was reminded of how fickle muses can be, and I decided I don't feel like fighting my inspiration all Month.

So I switched from one fanfiction project to another.

Instead I'll be working on Burden to Bear (an My Hero Academia retelling/AU) - DadMight AU in which Izuku is actually All Might’s son, and knows it, but All Might hasn’t allowed the information to go public. Izuku knows why it's always been a secret, but there is some part of him that wonders if there is more to it than just protecting him and his mom. Izuku is believed to be quirkless before receiving One for All, but actually isn’t.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

Ahem, so like Yume, my muse decided on something totally different, so here's what I'm actually writing:

Captured by a rival mafia based in Italy, a former Russian criminal soldier finds himself at the mercy of their leader, a former Roman centurion that is quite possibly the last Roman in the world. The Russian has heard people mysteriously die around this man, if they're lucky, and has prepared for the worst. But what could have been an abrupt ending blossoms into something else, and the Russian and the Roman must navigate the twists and turns of fate, faced with tough decisions, and a future that seems determined to pull them apart.

It's a. Crime-y. Romance-y. Supernatural. Drama. Filled. Mystery-adventure. Thing of wtf is Arc even smoking right now.

Trust me, I wonder that too. C'est la vie.

• Love 2

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• 1 month later...

I am currently writing about five to ten different character profiles on a daily basis.

I have a few - that's an understatement -  favorite characters where I have expanded their backgrounds/stories.

I write all sorts of things, some reaching the 18+ category, but mostly pg to pg13, hopefully.

Niasma