Open Coterie  ·  58 members

Gamers

MMO's - What do you play?

BlackDahliaRP

So I've recently gotten back into playing WoW in between roleplaying, work, and other things because I'm terrible and can't resist this.

What kinds of MMO's do you like? Are you currently playing?

Are you currently playing WoW? O_O

Why do you play the multi-player roleplaying games?

www.blackdahliaroleplaying.com

I used to play lots of MMOs. Jade Dynasty, 9Dragons, Swordsman Online, mostly Korean-grinder martial-artsy MMOs, but I've also dabbled in a few sci-fi style ones (CABAL and CABAL 2, for instance), played WoW for a while but I got bored of it and couldn't justify the cost anymore. Currently, Yume and I are doing a play-through of NCSoft's hyped-out Blade and Soul, fun game tbh, worth the hype (and you can watch that at the YouTube link in my signature if you're interested!), but seems like most of the ones we can tag-team together are gone now. Sad.

Personally, I like ones with good story-line, decent character customisation (Black Desert made me so happy with their character creator), but I hate games that depend too heavily on PvP or feature open-world PvP with no protection from it. And I dont mean stupid jail. Okay. That doesn't fucking stop anyone from griefing. In fact, for some it seems to be a reward for it. I like games like Blade and Soul where, when I want to PvP, I can; if I choose to, I can't get out of easily, but I'm not forced to do it, either, nor can someone else just walk up to me and make me fight them. But to be honest, I'm not terrible at PvP, I just don't like games deciding I'm going to PvP for me.

Blah blah complaining blah. Unfortunately the PvP crowd is very loud and most game companies will try to cater to them, so a lot of newer games are open-world PvP.

I play MMOs because they're usually pretty fun and playing with friends makes any game more interesting. But without friends to play with, I will revert back to single-player games like most-Final-Fantasies and The Sims.

• Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I just recently unsubbed from WoW again due to the cost/time ratio because work has been crazy and playing for like 8 hours a month is not a good justification for the sub, and I don't play the AH well enough to be able to get tokens. I've been playing it off and on since 2005, which just seems crazy for me.

I actively log into SWTOR with F2P, and occasionally sub for coin perks. Mostly I run around with a friend and level and RP our characters together.

I also do a once a year couple month run in LOTRO because its still one of my favorite games, I just can't commit the time to it.

I will occasionally sub to FFXIV as well to do story quest updates.

The big thing for me in MMOs is oddly enough, being able to see story content solo, because i have an erratic schedule. I like being able to do things with friends, but we don't mesh on our schedules as much as we used to. I also hate PVP, so there are quite a few games out there I'm not interested in trying. (except Overwatch, which I love, but doesn't really count as an MMO I think?)

I've also played Guild Wars 2 for a little minute, but once my friends stopped playing I kind of lost interest. 

• Love 1

• Admin

I don't consider it an MMO even though it sort of is. I play Fortnite. I have Black Desert I've been clean of WoW for 5-6 years if not more now? I think it's closer to 8. I've played The Division. SWTOR killed me with the micro transactions but I return that that every once in a while. I'm sure there are more I own but don't play for one reason or another.

My current standing favorite is Fortnite though.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.