How did you name your site?

Morrigan

Hmmmm, technically I inherited my first site - but the name didn't suit it at all.  It was a normal Pern RP with normal hatchings, slice of life actions etc, so the normal name was a little too normal. When I took over with my co-admin, we thought about it, then figured that 'Sands of Pern' could also be a play on 'Sands of Time' and took a very tension-filled approach to all of our subsequent meta events.  Time was always of the essence~!

My new site was a bit of a beast to get named, Herald's of Valdemar is a bit niche, and I wanted something that would announce clearly to any roving fans out there that this site was for that fandom. 'Groveborne' with the extra 'e' added came about after I re-read one of the books, and the scene when a spirit convinces the main character of his authenticity by knowing what a groveborn companion was.  Because 'no one outside Valdemar' would know what that was, nor it's importance. ❤️  

With great difficulty. Everything 'cool' was taken, and I'm OCD, so I want my URL to match the site name completely. Nothing tacked on like <name-rpg>, just the name. Don't ask me why, just feels right that way.

In hindsight neither of my sites have a very descriptive name, quite boring ones actually (Forge and Vector). But I'm very paranoid that if I give it anything more specific than a single word, there's going to be some movie or game out there in the world that is named the same, and members will mistake it for that and what not. So I keep it simple and I'm happy.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember the specifics. But Eternal Rome or Rome was a possibility and then it was Latinised to Aeterna Roma. 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

I wanted something gritty that really set the tone and defined the age of Victorian London but in a darker manner.  I didn't want anything I'd have to abbreviate.. I really like 1-word sites.  That was what I was really keeping in mind.  ...I had a thread once set in Victorian London where two characters were drinking Absinthe and it just dawned on me that that would be the perfect name for a Victorian site.  and so...Absinthe was born.  

Oddly enough, the name was already taken on Jcink but the site was never developed and it was created in 2013 so I had to get jcink to re-release it so I could have the right name. 

Edited by Everglow

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa

Originally, Noctis Rhapsody was called Nightslayaz which was originally called Night Queen. First one was actually the name of some band, second one sounded dumb and the lastest one was alright so it stuck. But personally, i liked just plain noctis better. the name is latin for night which makes sense considering it's a urban fantasy setting with beings that roam the night. 

Advent Destiny was a result of the hype of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children in the year we decided to name our site instead of lazily calling it SEED RPG because it's a Gundam SEED RPG. Each player RP the destiny of their characters, and to a certain extent the fate of the world as well. I'm glad we didn't go with Advent Fates. Advent Destiny has a nice ring to it and it has stuck all these years.

Advent Destiny - a Gundam roleplay

ad_banner1.png.6b7377d8cd59b5bf9b96416790d23fb0.png

I stumbled across the name quite by accident. I was struggling for a long time to find a name that fit my site, but nothing seemed to click. I was looking at premade templates one day and found one called Sonorous, and I wanted to know what it meant. I ended up in a wormhole of words with interesting meanings, and one of them was 'Mad'ouk' which means 'experienced or hardened by life'.

I knew right then that I wanted to use that. The description fit so well with the tough 'gangs' of stray dogs that I was shooting for! They are definitely supposed to be hardened and experienced by life, they're homeless!

The ride that is the name for my forum. I initially started a forum after a really bad situation in my life. Someone was wanting to do nothing more than be petty and destroy my love for writing. It then became my Resolution to prove them wrong and not let them take something I loved dearly away from me. And so the name stuck to the forum. It's different and haven't seen the like since. It also seems to fit those that write there as well. So it stuck and I like it. And that's where it came from.

spacer.pngDecadence