Open Coterie  ·  46 members

Site Design

Favorite Fonts for Category Headers

Dragon

• Operations Mod

Category Headers and Forum Titles are generally the most eye catching on a forum, making them one of the most important aspects of a site's aesthetic. 

So what are your favorite fonts specifically for Headers? 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of header fonts that make an impact. Some of my favorites are: Cinzel, Cinzel Decorative, Playfair Display, Jim Nightshade, Abril Fatface, etc.

I tend to try to match my body font to my title font. If I use a serif or slab serif title font, I like to use a sans-serif body font. If I use a script or fancier header/title font, I like to use a serif body font. Forum, Open Sans, and Comorant Garamond are favorites.

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cinzel Decorative is such a classic. 💞

I like to match the font to the theme; Metamorphous for magic/fantasy, UnifrakturMaguntia or another nice blackletter for historical/low magic medieval or gothic/horror (Uncial Anquita is good too), Fredricka the Great and Sankreek for Western...