Seriously new to linking back and affiliating

Steel Hyaena

Question

Greetings! It's been a minute since I was here, but I find myself with time enough to dedicate to running a roleplaying site and want to link back to here for the privilege of having a listing. I know I'm probably missing some things, and just want to be sure I have all my ducks in a row. I've installed an add-on with my XenForo2 software, and am wondering if there is anyone that can give me an idea of what to put into each of the fields. Some of it, like the links and images, seem straightforward, but there are a few things that are a little fiddly. Would anyone be willing to have a look? I can drop some screenshots.

11 answers to this question

• Admin

As mentioned in the first post by @StormyWays13 per our Directory Information you must have 10 posts to do that! We have an awesome welcome guide here that helps you understand our site, how to navigate and where everything is. It even describes how to get your site listed.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Steel Hyaena  What fields do you have questions on? I'd be happy to answer those to the best of my ability. 🙂

Also a reminder you need to make 10 posts before being able to post a directory link. 

“There's a scream permanently lodged in my throat now.”
― Michelle McNamara

• Admin

Information about our directory, including what image sizes are recommended are on our Directory Information page found here:

https://rpginitiative.com/directory_info/

• Thank you 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• Admin

What are you trying to achieve @Steel Hyaena

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• Operations Mod

Site listing on The Initiative will become available when you have reached Initiate Status with a total of !0 posts ❤️ 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

1 hour ago, StormyWays13 said:

@Steel Hyaena  What fields do you have questions on? I'd be happy to answer those to the best of my ability. 🙂

Also a reminder you need to make 10 posts before being able to post a directory link. 

I've managed to get RP Initiiative's button into my site. But I am having a tough time finding things like the correct size for my own images. I have one 88x31 button done, so that's not a problem. Would you be willing to kind of step me through?

1 minute ago, StormyWays13 said:

@Steel Hyaenacould you drop a couple screenshots, please?

Sure! This is the button on my site: The first screenshot, hope LightShot is ok

I'm decent at doing graphics; my backgrounds are all my own work. I just need to know the right sizes and can't seem to find them, and am also kind of nervous due to some bad past experiences. But I do want to make all this work!

I must be doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place. I'll keep looking.

I want to get into where I can find tthe image sizes and also start the process of getting my site listed, and I'm really struggling with navigating.

OH!!! Oh, okay!! I thought I was losing my mind, LOL! Thank you so very much, that does help a huge deal. And I am going to leave your link on my site because I'll just be putting it back on anyway. 🙂 I am so glad I'm not as dumb as I was afraid I was!