When and Where do you write?

Stat

It's my first time doing NaNo, and I'm honestly pretty spooked! 50k is a lot to write in a month even when you get to do it full time, and I haven't really figured out yet how I'm going to fit around 2000 words a day (because I know I'll fail some days) in my schedule. So how do you do it? When do you write? Do you put roleplaying in hiatus for NaNo? And where do you write? Do you sneak some words in while at work? Do you have a little corner at home where you do most of your work? Do you close yourself in the bathroom to get some work done away from your kids (my aunt used to do this and I think it's valid)?

Give a new wrimo some advice!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put roleplaying mostly on hiatus for NaNo. I get a few posts from time to time though, and I am counting them too as written words. Besides my usual PC at home, I write outside, in the park, when it's nice weather. If you need to get away from family, then write in a cafe.

Alright so.

I'm right here with you because it's hard. And I've actually never won a NaNo.

this year I'm actually able to do it mostly full time, so that's a thing. But ah.

So I tend to write in my room where I do everything (that is actually considered a bad thing in a sense because it can be harder to 'shut off' the distractions. When i was working I would snatch words between calls or whenever I could.

The most important thing is finding some time in your day and blocking it off and doing NaNo then. Make it a habit, and it gets easier.

(also yes, I usually put rping almost on hiatus. I'll usually try to set aside some time for posts, with varying degrees of success).

Pace yourself, try not to get too worked up about it, it makes things easier.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.