What do you write in?

Arceus

So, I use a handy little programme called yWriter (created by an author to meet their own needs, and shared freely, check it out if you're interested!). It's a logical programme that allows keeping notes and such on characters, locations, and items, general notes, places for images, goals, you can mark a scene as an outline, first edit, second edit, and done, so you know where you are, and everything's ordered logically into chapters, and then those chapters have scenes; drag-drop-rearrange scenes within a chapter, move a scene to another chapter, or move entire chapters.

This is great because it follows the logic an author would follow, isn't generally distracting, and also helps stay organised and rearrange things as you need throughout the writing process, much easier than Word does. It'll also read your writing back to you! Honestly, my only complaint is it's bright coloured.

What do you write in? A physical notebook? Do you still use Notepad or Word? Is there a cool novel-writing software you use? Does anyone have a good novel-writing software that's dark coloured...? Lol

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I use scrivener for all my writing. It's the best thing ever to organize thoughts and ideas, and to have everything you need all handy and tidy. I use folders for scenes, research, character and location sheets, and I can link everything together through keywords and metadata. I love it, and I don't know how I ever wrote before it anymore! 

Buuuut for NaNo I'm using the iWriter trial, because I just want a distraction free dark screen to write write write! 

MS Word, PC or laptop.