Things I stress about as an admin...

Morrigan

My biggest fear is that being an admin is going to snuff out my muse for the site. I've had this happen in other places where I get so wrapped up in doing the admin work that when it comes time to post I'm just...spent. I'm ready to get off the site and not have to look at it for a while. I really don't want that to happen to me again, which is why I've made my current site so lax. I'm just trying to save myself haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 8:42 AM, Myarelli said:

My biggest fear is that being an admin is going to snuff out my muse for the site. I've had this happen in other places where I get so wrapped up in doing the admin work that when it comes time to post I'm just...spent. I'm ready to get off the site and not have to look at it for a while. I really don't want that to happen to me again, which is why I've made my current site so lax. I'm just trying to save myself haha

I so feel that! I'm trying to employ the same strategy; chill rules, chill atmosphere = chill me. Working so far, when I don't obsess too much over things that is lol.

• Love 1
user posted image

I stress about finding the “golden balance” between being too strict and being too lax. I sometimes feel like it’s a fine line.

I understand and accept that as an Admin, it’s impossible to make everyone happy, every time but — finding that medium that invites compromise is a personal struggle for me.

• Like 1

Lately, I stress about not being a huge fan of having a site discord. I feel like a lot of people skip us over because of it but I also can't justify having one when myself and my co-admin rarely used the ones we had for past forums. What's worse, having one that nobody talks in anyway or not having one? To me, it just seems easier not to deal with it.

• Agree 1

Reality is an illusion. 

user posted image

• Contributions Mod

@HuskerdustYou have your answer. It didn't work when you had one. It also isn't good for those with anxiety disorders. There are plenty out there where it isn't a deal breaker or even an asset and you'll attract them.

My own worry as an admin is if my guidebook is okay and if I phrased things the right way. I've found many rules that aren't bad in of themselves but the tone based on the other words. Since so many have been burned by admins, I think about phrasing a lot. I also feel like I'm coaxing scared kittens sometimes. Just because abuse is so common.

Another worry I have is the skin. I like it just fine. It's a supped up basic board. It bucks pretty much all the Jcink trends I don't like. It certainly stands out. I hope in a good way. Still I am concerned that so many want the design I think is bad or a copy of a copy. If I were to follow said trends it would cause me physical pain from my migraines. I have my answer, but I'm still nervous. So we're in similar boats, @Huskerdust.