Guilty Pleasure Plots - What're Your Desires?

Dragon

• Operations Mod

Guilty pleasures! Maybe its a cliché sort of story, or something that might just seem silly to most - but let's be real for a bit here, clichés become that because they draw a lot of people in. 

So what sort of cliché/silly/whatever kind of topic have you secretly been itching for? 

Personally I've got the hots for a late 1800's western type dealio - proper socialite girlie falls for and runs off with the handsome young outlaw promising adventure. 

• Love 3

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

I really love the older rich mad men style trope falling for younger women. I eat it up!

I also wish there were more love triangles, octagonals etc in roleplay. I feel like people pair off their lovers and that closes all the doors. Give me more tension. Give me more polyamory or dating around. I want lots of love and lots more drama.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 1

Gimme all of the enemies-to-lovers plots, I want them.

And members of rival families/factions falling in love too. Gimme. ❤️

• Love 3

Shady McShaderson

Both of mine are romantic! What a silly old fool I am!

Mail Order Bride - I currently do not have a character that this would work for...However, I would love to do an ongoing story where a wild west character winds up with a mail order bride (or I play the bride) and they have to work through all kinds of differences and crises (small and large but mostly humorous) to make the marriage work. This is an idealized version of it not the reality version. It would work for an arranged marriage on my swords and sorcery site too where I will have a character it could work out for. PS: This is NOT about the sexual aspects of such a relationship!

Ghost Story - I once saw a story in an anthology series called Her Pilgrim Way. It was an amazing story and although it was not a true ghost story romance, it was close. Ditto for the movie, Portrait of Jenny - forever a favorite. So, I would like a really great ghost story where I play either the ghost or the living person. Like the Mail Order Bride story, it would need to have ups, downs, and humor! 

• Love 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

I have been dying for a healthy polyamorous trio. Or more. Who knows. Not the jealousy angle. They can have drama but I’d rather it be outside the relationship. 

Reality is an illusion. 

I will always love a good childhood friends romance type plot, cause I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.  Preferably with lots of drama because of the more drama the better.  

I have really been wanting to do a polyamorous relationship for a long time.  It's been on my list of plots I need to play out at some point. 

I'm also a sucker for good enemies turned lovers plot.   And I'd love lovers who are unknowingly enemies sorta plot, just because there's so much potential.  All the drama and inevitable backstabbing, and just all the fun.  

Pretty much I am always all gimme gimme for a good romance plot, the more drama the better.  I don't know, I just get bored if things go too smoothly with nothing to stir shit up.  

• Admin

Handmaid's Tale. Two servant type people fall for one another and have to keep their trysts secret while still keeping to the woman's obligation of bearing a child.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

A good old fashioned rivalry between two political types. The action, the counter action, the backstabbing.

• Fuck Yeah! 1

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

I'm absolutely itching for a polyamory plot atm. Nothing dramatic, just a very regular suburban family, but in a plural relationship, trying to lead their lives and not really seeing anything that odd about how they live. x.x 

• Cheers 1

Shady McShaderson

On 11/22/2018 at 9:37 PM, Shades said:

I'm absolutely itching for a polyamory plot atm. Nothing dramatic, just a very regular suburban family, but in a plural relationship, trying to lead their lives and not really seeing anything that odd about how they live. x.x 

OMG I was literally thinking this the other day!! I have never rped a committed relationship with more than 2 people and I was really really curious about it...

Also - my guilty pleasure is realistic sex scenes. Weird, I know, but all that sappy harlequin romance stuff? Nah... I'll rp it - I don't mind - but I like my stories (in general) to be as real as I can possibly get them and that includes explicit content - of any ilk.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, JD Hart said:

OMG I was literally thinking this the other day!! I have never rped a committed relationship with more than 2 people and I was really really curious about it...

I actually found someone to play it with, and it's a blast!

My other guilty pleasure plot is a 'criminal and honest person go together' one - in any kind of relationship, from romantic to siblings to old friends.

• Like 1

Shady McShaderson

40 minutes ago, Shades said:

I actually found someone to play it with, and it's a blast!

My other guilty pleasure plot is a 'criminal and honest person go together' one - in any kind of relationship, from romantic to siblings to old friends.

get out of my head.

• LOL 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 12:30 PM, Denethorii said:

I love plots that involve both comedy and angst. Maybe it's a strange combination...

The separation between comedy and tragedy is mainly soundtrack. ;)

______

I want rivals who are both constantly gloating over what they've done to the other, and then finding the latest way the other rival's fucked them up.

I want victims who totally got themselves into their mess, and rescuers with blatantly selfish motives.

I want bad sex scenes. They're so much more entertaining to write than good ones.

I want the slowburn romances I didn't get to read about as a confused, queer young man.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly