Open Coterie  ·  19 members

SMF Staff People

Affiliate bots

dusk

So we have had a massive influx of bots applying for affiliation. As many as 20 at once! Any tips on what we can do to cut them down? I do like the semi automated affiliate system but am willing to ditch it if this is going to be my life from now on.

88x31buttondandy.png

The only thing I can suggest is getting some kind of bot-check on it, like reCaptcha or a difficult question that has to be filled in with the right answer for it to even submit. I'd have to see the code itself to be able to figure out how to do that, so I can't tell you how easy that'd be, but, that's the best I've got.

• Agree 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Jones is very sneaky and went in and turned the Captcha on. I didn't even realize it was an option. Here is hoping it works -__-

88x31buttondandy.png