Open Coterie  ·  58 members

Gamers

Fallout

Kit the Human

I'm amped for the Fallout 76 (I enjoyed my forays during the beta) so I've been replaying Fallout 4, it's modded to buggery. The two big mods for me is the Sim Settlements Mod and Start Me Up. But I have a massive list that I can't be assed typing up, nor screenshotting.

That aside, I think that New Vegas is of course, the better game. The world is so much more lived in than anything Bethesda has done, and a lot of the quests are interesting or amusing. Not so much of the go there, kill that, report back schtick.

Has anyone got any favourite characters, mods, quests etc?

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

How is this game going @Kit the Human? I've not heard a lot of good about the game since its official launch.

Anyone else playing this?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Operations Mod

I think New Vegas is by far the best of the FO games, and honestly I wish New Vegas and FO4 could reverse places. 

NV was something of a slap dash build to appease fans, especially compared to the time and resources put into 4 - but it was amazing. The primary factions were intriguing, and the spread of potential outcomes depending on your choices are all compelling. On the contrary, 4 has more factions to choose between... but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what route you choose, everything pans out more or less the same. 

That complaint aside, Boone and Rex are definitely at the top of my favorite list. Boone has that whole lost-lover-life-dedicated-to-revenge schtick that I'm a complete sucker for. And Rex is a fun companion with a pretty intriguing history to puzzle out - cyber dog that's effectively immortal so long as his vital organs are maintained, was most certainly formerly  Caesar's Legion war dog and is strongly hinted at having been one of Caesar's personal dogs. 

They were definitely my favorite companion pair to tow around. NPC interactions were much less dynamic than in fo4 but that undercurrent of dislike between them is still there and it amuses the hell out of me. Rex and his dislike of hats lol. 

There are so many amazing quests that its hard to choose which I like most. All of the companion quest arcs are great. That Vault with the crazy plants is fun - and they built a pretty effective maze to fumble through. I spent as much time trying to puzzle out how to navigate that place as I did solving the quest. 

The White Glove Society quest arc is pretty fun. 

And of course Come Fly with Me, the quest with the crazy ghoul cult? Loved that! 

And the DLC?!? Lonesome Road, Honest Hearts and Dead Money were amazing. Old World Blues was too but its my least favorite of the lot. 

• Agree 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

8 hours ago, Morrigan said:

How is this game going @Kit the Human? I've not heard a lot of good about the game since its official launch.

Anyone else playing this?

The vitriol being leveled at the game (not the business) is unwarranted. It's a fun casual time killer, nothing more or less. But honestly? That's Bethesda, they make light and fun  entertainment, not great games.

Speaking of, I've picked up rdr2 which is a fantastic game and is happily eating up all of my attention. So it's been a few weeks since I've picked to 76 😉

• Love 1
  • Cheers 1

You can also find me at:

• Admin

I've heard nothing but good things about RDR2.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

4 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I've heard nothing but good things about RDR2.

It's amazing. Given a choice, screw 76. Go rdr2. If you want fallout, just play New Vegas.

• Love 1
  • Preach it! 1

You can also find me at: