Favorite & Most Developmental Plot(s) Participated In

c.widow

Hello Initiatives,

I am curious to hear about favorite plots. I am not as much interested in larger scale plots (such as site wide events) but more so the plots that developed your characters, made you a few new friends and even was the most fun you've had during your time of writing.

I will personally have to think long and hard on my favorite one, as this is a tricky subject but I am probably leaning more towards the plot where I and a few others developed a family lineage that has even since years ago continued to grow and add juicy details to play over a multitude of sites. I'll be a bit more detailed once I decide if this is the one though. I have a few to pick from here, shoot I might just describe them all.

So whats yours? What was the one major plot you have enjoyed with other(s)? Or what are the few major plots you have enjoyed with other(s)?

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

the almost death of one of my characters. a situation which would have killed him was averted after the last possible minute due to a frenemy (who is lovable but crazy hard to figure out) deciding to save him. since then he got depressed because knew he was supposed to be dead, shifted to a different plane of existence and took the first reasonably normal job of his life. I've never seen him act more responsible than he has been lately.

The internal struggle of a demi-human in a place that hates the supernatural. Kid has powers, isn't sure what to make of them, finds out very quickly that the state can and is willing to kill him because of it, sympathies with the state because he's seen supernatural abilities abused, goes on some crazy adventures where he meets all sorts of supernatural and human allies, enemies, and well meaning people who he actually hates anyway, till the point where he thinks he has it all figured out and then.... i'm just getting ready push him into another conflicting situation

• Love 1

Government agent who is supposed to watch over watch over public supernatural things and find non-public ones meets a non-public faerie. He tries to prove that the faerie is, in fact, a faerie, while the faerie is just having a good time toying with him. He gets close, but he runs out of time and thinks he'll never see the other guy again.

A year later (around valentines day), they both get hit by a love spell that makes them think obsessively about 'the one that got away'. They find each other again, fall for each other thanks to the spell, and get it on. They have a great time, but they wake up a few days later when the spell has worn off . They bitterly part ways knowing they'd spilled their darkest secrets to each other. 

They think that'll be the end of it, but the longer they're apart this time the more they realize they actually miss each other. That they actually enjoyed being together under the spell and maybe they can make it work. 

So, now the government agent tasked with finding supernaturals is in a committed relationship with one. 

• Love 1

Crown Prince and stone-cold bad-ass General of a kingdom very very VERY slowly - like this is the slowest burn plot I've ever done - falls for a woman supposedly blessed by Aphrodite she's so beautiful, in another kingdom. What I love about this one is the character development. She starts out a little self-centred and sheltered and slowly comes into her own for knowing the rough and tough general, and he starts to open up and admit that he actually has feelings (of any kind - not just for her).

Bonus points? Most of this relationship (like 80% of it so far) is done through letter because they rarely meet. When they DO meet, the other plots are always more important and their developing relationship is a side thing for the characters. But it slowly starts to take more of centre stage at different points.

Loving the realism, loving the slow build, loving the fact that you have this burning need to make the romance front and centre when you read it back but love the fact that it's tantalisingly on the edge... Makes your toes curl 😄

• Love 2

Had to think on this and finally decided this one was my favorite and still is as it has a continuous ongoing development.

Definitely the familial plot. I started off with a randomly built character a few years ago. She was an immortal witch that had been around for over a thousand years, cursed with immortality by their mother for unknown reasons but her siblings were also given the unfortunate circumstance. After ages passed they all did separate and most have gone off to do their own biddings in life.

The history formed from this character was and is still to this day my most developed character, which gained interest from the community I was in and a few people wanted to jump on board with the additional siblings and play them as somehow meeting up again after so many years of not seeing each other. This family reunion sparked ongoing plots and continual family lineage where children and grandchildren developed from said siblings. There was a whole army of these witches with strong family bond and even some spats about lovers/lifestyles/etc.

My original character developed even further and I have my own little community of these family lineage players now and when the site we were originally on died most of us are still continuing stories in doc writings or other places.

It’s been a super cool experience for me as I’ve never been this involved with a specific character or history/ongoing development. This has to be my all time favorite!

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png