Characters/Plots You Really Want But...

Dragon

• Operations Mod

Is there a character you'd like to make, or a plot that you'd love to play - but something, whatever sort of something, has been holding you back? 

Whether you just can't find the right site, or you're worried no one else will be interested - spill! 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

I'd like to dabble with cultist stuff. Like, we have a country that is ruled by a death cult which is actually not evil but peaceful but there are inner conflicts because some branches of the cult are in favor of living sacrifices, others want to kill heathens and so on which is shunned by the cultists in charge. The thing with that is that it plays in a different country than the one that is currently the focus and I could add that country to the playable ones but I want to focus on the one that is there first and vote on which country to add next after we finally get members. Really have to resist that.

Edited by Gota
  • Like 1

2055148134_EOHbanner.png.530f7a6856f7b2fd0b4861da17014318.png

On 11/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, Gota said:

I'd like to dabble with cultist stuff. Like, we have a country that is ruled by a death cult which is actually not evil but peaceful but there are inner conflicts because some branches of the cult are in favor of living sacrifices, others want to kill heathens and so on which is shunned by the cultists in charge. The thing with that is that it plays in a different country than the one that is currently the focus and I could add that country to the playable ones but I want to focus on the one that is there first and vote on which country to add next after we finally get members. Really have to resist that.

I just introduced a secret Cult on my site. It was an experiment that I started and it's working really well 😄 Basically I have a Cult account and the people who want to have their characters be secretly a member of it send me their posts to post through the cult account 😄 Then we get characters with a dual secret position within the cult. It's going quite well so far! 😄

For me, I would love to see more of the above *kinds* of plots. Ones that try and push the standard rules/style of rping and creating new dynamics. I would love to, for example, try to play a character with split personality disorder? Have no idea how that might go down in the actual functionality of a site but I think that would be really cool to try and take on 😄

Yes, I love the idea of playing a housewife/soccer mom kind of character, but I can't really find a place for her. I can kind of understand, because it sounds like a boring character concept, but I'm more than open to make her heavily involved in the site's community and tweak her into a needed character race or group to make her a valuable part of the site. 

Shady McShaderson

10 hours ago, JD Hart said:

I just introduced a secret Cult on my site. It was an experiment that I started and it's working really well 😄 Basically I have a Cult account and the people who want to have their characters be secretly a member of it send me their posts to post through the cult account 😄 Then we get characters with a dual secret position within the cult. It's going quite well so far! 😄

For me, I would love to see more of the above *kinds* of plots. Ones that try and push the standard rules/style of rping and creating new dynamics. I would love to, for example, try to play a character with split personality disorder? Have no idea how that might go down in the actual functionality of a site but I think that would be really cool to try and take on 😄

Oh yeah, reminds me that I wanted to do something similar with a secret IPS club. There's the imperial academy we have (for adults, like an university) and there would be a secret espionage course that not even the players know about, so I would write them a PM in private and tell them to choose a character for it but without telling me who and no member of the espionage course knows who the others really are and it's a secret from all the other players as well.

• Great Idea 1

2055148134_EOHbanner.png.530f7a6856f7b2fd0b4861da17014318.png

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I'm a sucker for body-swap /mindswap plots. No matter the TV show or movie, I just find them very entertaining, and on a RP point of view, this has the potential for funny or body-horror moments that would be very fun to play. The panic and confusion and needing to get used to a wildly different body for example.

Where the "but..." comes into play is how my current site doesn't have the exact kind of magic or scifi technology for such a crazy plot. Other craziness are possible, but this one is too far out for now I guess! 😛
But secretly, yeah, I almost had a thread of that once, I'd try again someday.

• Cheers 2
oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

Oh, gosh! ME TOO. I love them so much that I've had an event like that on pretty much all the sites I've run. Haha! Usually for April Fool's events. It's too much fun and a lot of interesting things come from it. 

• Cheers 1

Reality is an illusion. 

What I want and I still hadn't found a place for / a story for (because I am not adverse in writing it all myself, in an interesting setting) is:

- an age gap love story with a 30 years old lady and a 50 years old man, with all the obstacles involved.

- an age gap love story with a 30 years old lady and a 25 years old man (not the same person as above, ie not a love triangle). 

There were a few more, but most of the others are planned to be written somewhere or another 😉 I have a whole series to write in 2019 - three novels.

There's this one character I'd love to use in an RP that actually survives (it's gotten to the point I feel like the character / me is the reason they die). It shall happen when the time is right 😛

There's one plot I developed over the years that I tried on various sites with various people but so far I've not been the GM to make it play out. It dies a few posts in. Once it died before we even got to the IC because I got caught up IRL. It's a complicated RP in a genre I don't have much personal experience in. It requires a lot more planning ahead than most of my others RPs, different characters than I usually use... It's a good plot, so far just a little too advanced for me as a GM. It doesn't help I do very few group RP's. Like, one a year and most of those die so my experience in groups as well as a GM is few and far between 😛

I completely understand that me as the GM is the problem in this setting, and I'll have to build the skill-set and experience. Or let somebody else GM and enjoy it as a player.

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

• 1 month later...

In a LOTR setting.
An Orc that seeks redemption and fits against the nature. Also deals with meditation and prayer in order to heal. 

A cheesy angsty vampire dude. 

Those are my main two atm. 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

• 6 months later...

I have a hunter clan. Only with the participation of female characters.  This is a fantastic hunter themed site.

• 1 month later...
  • Operations Mod
1 hour ago, Moon said:

I'm feeling a lot of fandom themed things that I want to do, but end up being fairly obscure. 

I'm running into that problem myself as of late! 

Just for the sake of it - what fandoms? 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

A nonsensically petty, long-running grudge. Possibly intergenerational.

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

3 hours ago, Somniac said:

A nonsensically petty, long-running grudge. Possibly intergenerational.

That’s a fun idea. Maybe it’s been so long there are various legends about how it began. 

• Like 1