Who else is a fan of ugly bullet journaling?

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

I came across this article, IN DEFENSE OF UGLY BULLET JOURNALING, on Book Riot and it got me thinking:

Who else is a fan of Ugly BuJoing?

Who else finds it more stressful to worry about how organized, pretty, etc. the BuJo is?

I know that for me I've found it hard to get back on the BuJo wagon for a similar reason. Each time I consider trying to start again I worry over what layout I'm going to use, how nice it looks, and so on. This leads to me never getting anything done. And honestly, it does feel more stressful to me. Perhaps if I stop worrying about how pretty and organized my BuJo looks. . . or how nice my handwriting looks(note: sometimes I do have handwriting that is nice enough people frequently compliment me on it, but I have chronic health issues that causes pain in my hands and when they hurt my handwriting goes down the toilet) then I might be able to actually get started again. Maybe 2019 could be my year for getting started again.

Does anyone else have the same thoughts?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Journals for me are to try to organise my notes and day in ways that make sense. Unlike you, my handwriting is terrible and sometimes I need a translator it for myself. 😂 I like the simplicity of it. I organise my day in evernote and then strikethrough whatever it is that I have completed, and break down any goals into mini-goals so I feel like I am doing more, (and end up doing more, strangely, in the process!). 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 4:27 PM, Gothic said:

Journals for me are to try to organise my notes and day in ways that make sense. Unlike you, my handwriting is terrible and sometimes I need a translator it for myself. 😂 I like the simplicity of it. I organise my day in evernote and then strikethrough whatever it is that I have completed, and break down any goals into mini-goals so I feel like I am doing more, (and end up doing more, strangely, in the process!). 

This is actually how I did it for a little while before I found BuJo. I just did it by hand in a tiny notebook. Generally I broke my stuff down into basic things for RL I needed to do and basic things for RP I needed to do then branched those into smaller things to make it feel as if I was doing more(some days I need the motivation). BuJo just seemed a natural extension. Of course, I might have to suck it up and start doing it more electronically than by hand(sometimes they just bother me too much). I don't really use Evernote anymore(since they limited how many devices you can put the free version on), but I have GDocs and other things so that could be a start.

Honestly, listing stuff in general was just nice for the motivation. Something to nudge me when I felt I was struggling. With chronic health/pain issues even just a little note that needs checked off can be enough.