What to put site donations toward

Sage

So I plan to accept donations for my next rp site to help pay for premium costs, which I currently pay out of pocket. But I'm wondering if there are other paid services members might be willing to donate toward as a supplement to traditional rp

In the unlikely situation where donations are exceeded for covering premium costs (I know this likely won't happen - we'll be lucky if we get any donations at all), what would you allocate those excess funds to? I'm not trying to make a profit off of my members, so I'm curious if there are other features out there you, as a member, would like to see your donations to a rp site go toward. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

I'm fond of sites that have custom domain names, myself.

• Great Idea 1

Glub glub.

If anyone even still uses it, lol, I've seen people put up several months worth for cbox premium. All things considered, I think cbox still reigns as the most immediately user-friendly chat option, so, that's a thing to think about I suppose. Many people won't touch a Discord embed but they will pop into a cbox.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Could you put any "profits" towards a prize pool for participating in events? Prizes could be say, commissioned art or vouchers for online stores.

• Agree 2
  • Great Idea 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• Admin

Always putting the money back into the community is the best thing. As previously suggested things like art commissions, vouchers, online items, humble bundles, etc. Best thing to do is to ask your community what they would like to see if the site gets a lot of donations as they are the ones you'll be pleasing with that stuff.

• Agree 2
  • Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Domain name and premium cbox (if you use cbox, at least!) are the ones that most immediately come to mind.

IKiE2z.png

• 2 weeks later...

Cbox and domain names are good, as others have mentioned -- but if you find yourself in excess even after that, I would just put the money aside for future needs. If, for example, all of your biggest donours suddenly disappeared, you could conceivably still get by with premium features for a few months if you have enough set aside. Essentially, you'd be putting that excess money towards sustainability.

• Great Idea 1