A wild afrafstos has appeared!

afrafstos

I've been RPing for about four and a half years now, at this point. Started back in... I want to say sophomore year high school, but I've got a shit memory for things like that, so who knows. Might've been freshman, probably wasn't junior. Only ever been at the one site, a forum-based RP board without any mechanics or numbers or stats or anything (pure story-writing), so I can't say my experience is the most varied... But eh, there's something to be said for depth, right?

I'm a super wordy person by nature (requests for conciseness shall be ignored, this is me being concise, you may despair now if you wish), so chat RPs and stuff are kind of a no go. Multi-para or bust. It ain't a matter of preference, it's just a biological impossibility~ In terms of genre and shit, I'm not really picky. Slice of life, battle, intrigue, romance—if you've got an interesting sounding premise going or some neat characters to bounce off of, or even if I just get a flash of inspiration, I'm there. 

Been interested in joining a tabletop RP of some kind for a good while, though that's been hampered by a strong preference for writing over speaking. I'm not really into that improv stuff, yeah? It sounds fun, but what I really wanna do is write. And I don't really know how to make sure whatever place I sneak into isn't secretly some voice chat lair of doom. I will freely admit my main purpose here is for the lovely directory, though~ Google has decided to abandon my board, so advertisements must make up for the slack.

As you might see in my profile, I'm from Texas in the States, and no: I do not wear a cowboy hat, I do not ride horses instead of cars, and I have never seen a tumbleweed. I live in the subtropics, not the desert. Currently enjoying the college life as I try and eke out a major in computer science. I like reading primarily light novels, web novels, and classics. I don't really read any modern Western stuff, but that's not (just) because I'm too fancy for it; I'm just lazy... Light and web novels, you can find free on the web! Classics, their copyrights have long since expired! Woo, what more could you ask for?! If you were to ask me about favorites individual books, that'd be kind of tough, but I started reading Mori Ogai's Vita Sexualis the other day (thank you Bungou Stray Dogs, for providing a shopping list for entry into the world of Japanese classics), and um, well. It lives up to its name?

Other hobbies of mine are foreign language learning—I'm furthest along in Japanese, but I also dabble in German, French, Italian, and to a lesser degree Dutch—anime (as you might have guessed), coffee/tea snobbery, finding exotic or exotic-sounding foods, dishes, and snacks to try, and honing my procrastination skills. My favorite color be green, since you can't get any better than that. Blue is nice, but it's just too snobby. Red is cool, but it's too hot to stick around. Yellow? I don't wanna wear sunglasses all day. Green is where it's at. In terms of drinks, root beer, ginger ale, sarsaparilla, etc. are supreme. I can't stand cola. Been trying out various brands recently, and I've found Boylan is some seriously good stuff. ...Though I suppose I haven't actually found their root beer, per se. Their birch beer and creme, though? To die for.

If you have any questions or prefer cola over root beer et al. like a heathen, ask away! I'm always open for a fight to the death I mean chat. 

A Certain Alternate Universe

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @afrafstos. Very interesting name. Where did you get it from?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Ahaha, that one's actually not very interesting, I'm afraid. It can be summed up with just the one phrase, really: 'middle school'.

Middle school me was trying to think up a handle to use for something, and wanting something that sounded cool to them. They thought 'unbreakable' was nice, but thought it would sound cooler if it was in a foreign language. They looked at google translate, chose Greek, and got 'athrafstos'.

They then decided that they didn't really like the 'th', so they swapped it out with an 'f'... Middle school me did some questionable things.

That was a long time ago, but it ended up getting used on a couple accounts that stuck around, and I continue using it today just out of momentum, I suppose. I mean, I suppose it's memorable, ain't it?

• LOL 1

A Certain Alternate Universe