What's your IM client of choice for roleplay sites, and why?

Deep Sea

I've used them all in the past.  AIM, Yahoo, Skype, Chatbox, Cbox, Chatango, Slack... 

Discord is by far the best platform I've ever used.  It's just so much more organized and connected.  I like to plot and get to know the people I write with so it's perfect for me and with the embeds now you can keep a discord cbox on your site so guests can still talk to you on discord which helps a lot because I work and can't always be at my laptop to catch them and say hi.  

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa

• Operations Mod

Cbox was my go to previously, and I've tried to make Chatango work in the past but its pretty clunky. I've also utilized IM hosts like aim, msn and skype - but they came with the problem of people not wanting to use them for various reasons. Usually that they had to make and keep up with separate accounts to preserve a level of anonymity that made them comfortable. 

These days I use discord exclusively. It's fluid and multi-functional, giving members easier access to one another and plotting materials. I also appreciate that I can link discord to the site - for example, if we create an Announcement thread on our forum itself then our discord auto-posts that announcement and a link in our server, the same functionality Morrigan uses here.  

• Love 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• 4 weeks later...

Back in the days we used IRC a lot. We have moved to Discord, but I still miss a lot of the functions that we had on our IRC servers.

Advent Destiny - a Gundam roleplay

ad_banner1.png.6b7377d8cd59b5bf9b96416790d23fb0.png