Before you post in a thread....

Liannis

It just depends. If the thread is fresh in my mind, then I don't bother, but if there's a lot going on in the thread, or if it's been a while since I last posted in it, then I re-read them to make sure that I've not missed anything important.

I like re-reading the last one or two replies from each character to make sure I am replying appropriately and with the same tone.

I usually just re read the last post or the last few posts before replying, whether it's a one on one or a group thread.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

I only reread the last post, unless it's been over two weeks or months before people reply and I've forgotten. Otherwise I also go back to specific information that was mentioned somewhere before in the thread and read over that if it's relevant to the post I'm writing. Rather not get stuff wrong.

I usually re-read my last post and everything since. Mostly because I don't want to be repetitive and if there's a lot of action I know I can be. If its one of those rare posts that its been forever since I even looked at the thread, I'll go back and reread the whole thing. But truthfully, I reread threads all the time just for entertainment value. 

I wish people would read what THEY wrote last. I can't tell you how many times I've sat there like... "But wait you did that last post?" I, of course, just shrug and carry on. But it bugs me all the same.

• Agree 1

The past is a place of reference, not residence.