Awkward Character Moments

Dragon

• Operations Mod

Every character has their awkward moments, whether they were planned or just crop up unexpectedly. 

One of my characters once went out partying with a girl on what we'll call a first date to make things easy - except he went a little too far trying to impress her, so when they got a room later he passed out mid-foreplay. Needless to say the next morning didn't start off comfortably. 

So what are some of your favorite awkward character interactions? 

• LOL 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

My dude tried to rob another dude and ended up getting threatened because the guy he tried to rob was a vampire. My character is kinda weird and has a death wish so he asked to be bitten out of curiosity. So the vampire bit him. And....

then. Nothing. Lol. It was so awkward. 

• LOL 3

Reality is an illusion. 

I play a very bashful if not outright shy reindeer farmer. He has many many tattoos because he has a big fat crush on the tattoo artist. And he once went in to get another done and accidentally walked in on her tattooing someone else. The someone else turned out to be a hooker he frequented (because too awkward a duck to date). It was basically the most embarrassing moment of his life up to that point. 

• Cheers 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

Man, awkward's kind of my thing tbh.

A beautiful unplanned awkward moment that's stuck with me even years later was with a journalist character whom I'd given very predictable patterns - including compiling his gossipy newsletter at a public library. I was asking for him to get his ass kicked. It did, and it was beautiful.

A mass-murdering criminal he'd dug up dirt on found him one evening, essentially beat him unconscious with his own book, and then left him there with his possessions otherwise unmolested.

This was an MMORPG in which looting was normal and guards would attack and capture a character of this criminal's factions (to be executed, at that), so the level of risk and balls undertaken simply to protest one medieval gossip columnist's work was both power move and poetry without a single word typed.

• LOL 2

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

I love awkward stories! 

Right now one of my characters is in love with a girl that loves him too, but he thinks she's too perfect to love him so when she confessed it he just sort of stood there trying to figure out if this was a dream. He said out loud, "what?". It is awful. xD

I also have another character who forgot to mention his lover to his best friend and his best friend to his lover and they're all about to meet and he's going to have some explaining to do. He's a private person, but it is still sort of NOT COOL to avoid talking about the important people in your life. Whoops. 

I also had a character whose actions caused her boyfriend to split into a good vs a bad version and she had to choose which to keep, and she gave WAY TOO MUCH thought to saving the bad version while her friends all sat there confused on which version of her boyfriend to kill. Everyone was like "Which is the bad one?!" And she was like "Ummmm. That one. No. Maybe not." But she was psychic-empath so everyone in the room knew she knew which was which and that she was hesitating. Afterward her boyfriend tried to confront her about it cuz he was like "You almost let a bad version of me live!" She basically just said "So?" looooooooool

My character and his boyfriend were brought into a nightmare dream world, and my character saw 2 versions of his boyfriend.  It was a whole sequence of that cliche "one of them is the real one, one of them is an evil copy, shoot the bad guy" thing (similar to the above one).  Problem was that his boyfriend is just kind of massively evil. The only way he figured it out was because he realized the dream version was saying all the evil things he EXPECTED his boyfriend to say, while the real one surprised him. 

Then later they both came across a nightmare creature that was threatening them, and it was super tense, move and you're dead kind of thing. My character decided to play the hero and tried to shoot the thing, but he forgot that he'd used all his bullets on the nightmare version of his boyfriend earlier so all he got was a 'click' and a moment of regretting every life choice he'd ever made. 

• 2 weeks later...

I play an awkward teenage girl who accidentally asked the guy she was swooning over where he was from when he obviously has an Australian accent. Honestly, I felt like I was fourteen again just writing it.

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

• Admin

It could have been New Zealand @Garmr

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.