Open Coterie  ·  25 members

Monster Fans

Bird Box (SPOILERS)

Morrigan

• Admin

Mysterious monster type movie? Sort of like the Happening combined with the Quiet Place. Anyone else seen it?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I 'm not a fan of scary movies, but I turned it on because I thought someone else would like it. They wandered away and I didn't.

I thought it was a lot like the Myst mixed with a little Constatine for the entities and thought it was very good. I thought it was a series at first, and would have suck around to watch what happened after the end.

I admired Sandra Bullock's dedication to realism with the weight loss towards the end but I hope that her health is ok; cameras put on pounds and she looked worryingly lean. 

There were parts of the movie that I didn't like. The guy who died upstairs and seemingly they never moved his body away. Or the guy who died at the supermarket, how quickly he died and without seemingly any struggle, how his blood was black.

I also felt the movie got too loose with the crazy man who entered their safehouse. With the way he clutched to his bag, why did no one check it? Or how all of his pictures were of different things, not the same thing - in other words, they were just creepy pictures his imagination contrived, not pictures of the invisible monster demons. I have a hard time accepting the asylum folks - including the one who came to the safehouse - were all so focused in their missions, and could get along with others to be so incredibly organized. 

I felt that the monsters seemed to know where people were and I felt that they focused their numbers there. 

Parting thoughts: In real life, if there is a house with a poltergeist - that is, an entity that can move or interact with things physically - it grows stronger over time. The house is dangerous, and it is a matter of time before the entity finds just the right vulnerable moment to Final Destination the human occupants inside. In the movie, the entities interacted with leaves, with car hoods, and had shadows....

Edited by xexes

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

I liked it but did anyone else question why the entities could not enter buildings? 

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

Reality is an illusion. 

@Zozma That's the most basic question ever and it never even entered my head! Now I want to know too

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

• Admin
On 12/26/2018 at 7:20 PM, Zozma said:

I liked it but did anyone else question why the entities could not enter buildings? 

They are vampires? Gotta be invited?

The way they explained what they were was a little obscure so it made anything really possible and with the images that explained them they also could change forms... Other things didn't make sense. Why did they only sometimes chase you? Other times they let you get away etc.

• Like 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Operations Mod
On 12/26/2018 at 8:20 PM, Zozma said:

Same reason the blindfolds work - long as the doors stay closed and windows are covered/blacked out they can't get in because they require a visual link with the victim to act. 

They can enter buildings otherwise. At least, per the novel. 

• Thank you 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution