Do you like to notify your members about how you deal with reported actions?

StormyWays13

I've done both, to my great despair. 

The community at large filed major complaints against Admin and Mods and I felt the need to explain myself with an announcement. That was a bad move. It made me look desperate to defend myself and my actions, but I stuck to my guns and left the announcement up until the problem had passed. Once the issue was gone though I removed the announcement. I don't want to be reminded of the time I wrote a gigantic explanation of my decisions and how something that should have been a private matter got blown up because the community felt the need to step up as one voice against myself and the other mods.

I think all disciplinary actions must be dealt with privately, but I do absolutely feel the tug of desire to handle someone publicly as well. Most people just don't like seeing people getting disciplined. They would rather the chat suddenly die than watch admin intervene even when they ask for it. 

It is a precarious thing to manage, and my advice is just to keep issues between staff, and if discipline needs to be dolled out, that person as well. I get very hesitant about players that ask for confirmation about punishments. Do they like seeing other members disciplined? Was that their goal all along? Ew.

Anonymous poster hash: 88a82...7c6

• I read this! 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

• Admin
19 hours ago, Anonymous said:

It is a precarious thing to manage, and my advice is just to keep issues between staff, and if discipline needs to be dolled out, that person as well. I get very hesitant about players that ask for confirmation about punishments. Do they like seeing other members disciplined? Was that their goal all along? Ew.

let i hate everyone GIF

• LOL 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.