Do GIF Advertisments Work?

StormyWays13

If your site has implemented GIFs as a form of advertising, have you seen an increase in members? Do you believe they work more than traditional ads?

Members:

“There's a scream permanently lodged in my throat now.”
― Michelle McNamara

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way, yes! But I never use just simple ones found anywhere online with no editing - I use and make my own xD Someday, I hope to replace all of the movie-scenes I've put together in my primary one with custom animations, but that's a ways away and lots of money later LOL!

Other ads I've done have animated text and slideshow-like images of custom art. I've had a lot of compliments on both types, and I definitely think - if done right - it does give a nice eye-catching ad that attracts more members.

EDIT: I actually forgot there are two (relatively simple) examples of my GIFs in the affiliate banners in my sig haha! One is a very simple movie-scene edit, and the other is a slideshow of custom art. While these are much less complicated than my ad banners, they do serve a small example. <3!

I'd post my advert banners buuut I don't wanna get in trouble. xD

Edited by Verridith

I once had one, made by a very good graphician, and it received lots of compliments. It was simply different.

• 1 month later...

I've had both static images and gifs but find that gif ads don't pull in extra people, other than lookie-loos. Always fun to see guests though, lol.

#New bar ad.png