Characters you really want to write *with*

Kit the Human

What kinds of characters would you love to write with? These characters might be half baked ideas that you've not developed enough to put it up as a wanted ad (with all the ties that come with that), or maybe they're fully fleshed out but haven't had a taker... Or a taker that you're 100% happy with.

Not to be mistaken for characters you want to write:

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

I like rolplaying with people who do the correct amount of action in a thread. For me, there is a thin line lol

But really, it depends on the character I guess. My 'go-to' character is somewhat very nurturing and motherly so for him I like to roleplay with people who need something, or are patient, if that makes sense.

I'd love to write against a mobster or a crooked politician, as a wife or sister that starts out innocent and ends up getting tangled into their web of corruption.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Shady McShaderson

I'm itching for some more antagonists to write against my characters. I don't care whether they're a full-blown villain or just have different moral views/life perspectives but I do love having a character challenged. Bonus points if my character learns something new about themselves or can be persuaded to change their own mind in the process.

• Love 2

I'm so picky about this sort of thing, which is why I've never made a wanted ad. But I want someone I trust to play Hannibal so that I have an excuse to get into Will Graham's head (spoilers: I'm not sympathetic about him). It's a trust thing for me because I don't necessarily agree with or enjoy many people's  take on them. Failing that, an inspired by/similarish. Which I do have (and it's so delicious)! But give me moar.

Edited by Kit the Human

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• Admin

I would love to play against more of my characters' families where I don't have to play or NPC them.

I would also love to play against a really good Dredd character.

• Agree 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Family! I love it when they’re all different characters played by different people. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 2

Reality is an illusion. 

4 hours ago, Zozma said:

Family! I love it when they’re all different characters played by different people. 

THIS. I hate playing a whole family myself. I know a number of people that prefer to play a whole family themselves so they can control everything and everyone is exactly as they envision them... but I don't see much fun in that. Plus, that involves so much posterbating and that's one of my pet peeves.

• Fuck Yeah! 1

I thought of something else. I'm not sure this fits this question exactly, as it's not really a 'character' to play with, but a situation to play with someone else's character... I would like to put a character opposite a love interest where the relationship doesn't work out. I don't mean they have 'history' and are already broken up when they enter the game, nor do they break up and reunite a week later. I mean they develop a relationship through playing and eventually break up and never get back together ("like, ever"). Whether they just grow apart or realize they aren't compatible and break up on good terms or someone cheats or they start to resent each other and fight all the time and have a horrifically scarring break up, I'm not picky. I just want break ups! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

Agreed. I have had a few people play that with me. Uh. Like 2 or 3? But for some reason everybody wants instant romance that lasts a lifetime. Bleh. 

• Agree 2

Reality is an illusion. 

As folks have said, their character's family members. It doesn't even have to be a wife/husband relationship, either and it doesn't matter if it's for one of my OCs, or a canon that I play. I have had a lovely writer who play's the mother of one of my characters, and their interaction is one of my favourites in my whole time that I've been writing, but it would be nice to have a full house or near full house for once.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, Morrigan said:

I would love to play against more of my characters' families where I don't have to play or NPC them.

This. But I'm such a control freak and if it isn't done right, I can't deal with it. 

I love playing longtime best friends with skilled writers. One of my favorite things to do when playing with close friends and family members is drop anecdotes from the characters' childhoods, and I like having someone to riff off of in that regard. I have no shortage of family to play with, but I could use some more friend characters.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I've no idea if this is exactly relevant to this topic, but I have always wanted to do a rp between Edea from FF8 and Sephiroth from FF7. Not many people are so eager to take on a canon role (especially so important as Sephiroth) and I can't blame them... A girl can dream!

• Like 1

bram stokers dracula GIF

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to write against a character who goes from rags to riches and starts losing sight of what's important just to then lose it all again and get that "well, so this is what is important then..." moment. It would be a long plot arc, though, so I haven't gotten anyone willing to do it with me. 😕

• Like 3

Shady McShaderson