10th post is my intro!

Everglow

Well, I figured my 10th post should be one introducing myself.  My name is Seraphina.. though most people refer to me as Sera.  I've been writing online since the days of AOL and rhydin Regs.  Before Forum based writing was even a thing.   Took a break to have a family and get married, but I'm back!  I've been back around for about 3 years and it's amazing to see how much things have grown and changed since then!  I love the new worlds that have been created and so many different genres you can fall into.  

My favorite type of writing is usually realistic historical fiction.  I love immersing myself in a bygone era and the challenge of conforming characters to societal and physical limitations of the time.  I find it fascinating to have to go off on a research tangent over something as mundane as horseshoes to see if they were prevalent in ancient Greece, or if hammocks were used on ships before European exploration.  I also dabble in a bit of modern supernatural writing, but I don't find it as challenging.  I prefer to write on forums and I invest heavily in my characters and plots.  I rarely ever drop characters though I will redirect them if I grow bored.   I can also say, so far I've never had the opportunity to kill off a character.  lol.  Not that I'm opposed to it, I just need a good reason and one hasn't presented itself as of yet.  

I live in the US...so pretty common there.  My favorite book would probably be HP  (yes cliche but it's the only series I've read more than 5 times.. I don't like rereading books)  or the Kricket series by Amy Bartol.  Actually, anything Amy Bartol writes is awesome.  Currently, I'm reading the Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir and I really like them.  I enjoy all genres of music, it really just depends on the mood I'm in.  My favorite band is Coldplay (as evidenced by the username) and this is my hobby.  Writing is my hobby. 

I look forward to getting to know all of you better and becoming more integrated into the site!   

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Everglow we're glad to have you. I looked at your RP and it has an interesting concept. I'd say it feels like Penny Dreadful but without the supernatural stuff. Seems interesting so good luck!

What's your favorite historical era?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

For writing, my favorite is Victorian, (obviously) Antebellum south, Western, Ancient Greek, Roman and I'm about to try one set in Egypt so we'll see how that goes!  🙂

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa

Welcome to the fun and family ❤️

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with being a Potter fan (no matter what my hubby says!). I'm somewhat new here, too, but welcome all the same! I envy your patience for historical RP. When I do, on the rare occasion, play some bygone era... I'm a stickler for total accuracy and many of the people I play with are willing to accept or push historical inaccuracies for the sake of their plots and it drives me up the wall, so I stick mostly to modern times. lol

Hahahaha!  I can definitely understand that frustration!  I really try to stick by historical accuracies to the best of my ability and if I mess up I go back and fix it as a personal preference.  Half the fun is researching and learning when things were invented or how they used other things at the time.. or how events at the time influenced people.  I've been on a few sites that are a lot more lax and while it's annoying, I can usually overlook it enough; i just try to ensure my own posts are pretty accurate.  

Edited by Everglow

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: