Bonjour!

Cheryl Blossom

Hello, lovely people of RPG Initiative. I'm Deb from the crapshoot U.S of A and I've been roleplaying in the shadows for a little over a decade. While I'm not sure what I'd say my favorite genre is in general, I'm always on board for a good Based On RPG or something Cyberpunk/Dystopian. My preference for RP would either be via forum/website (insanejournal for example) or by email. 
Thinks I like include: Cyberpunk, SPFX makeup, space trivia, Deadpool, Cameras, Fashion, Video games, and oddities.
I'm not really a fan of: Anything Cheryl Blossom really embodies besides being a boss. I can't stand self-absorbed people or people who are willfully ignorant to other people's problems. Other than that... I don't like bugs and that's about it. 

If you've gotten this far I'd like to sincerely say thank you and then extend this question so that I might get to know you better:

-If there was one plot-hole in a television series you could fix, what would it be and how would you fix it?

Cheers!

ckLXndz.png?1

You're welcome to challenge me, but you'll lose.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the fun and family!

To answer your question... I don't know where to start... Like, half the Potter-verse to start off with?😅

What would you try and fix though?

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Cheryl Blossom we're glad to have you.

I'd say for plot hole wise... the fact that they Cancelled Firefly and created a movie.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

If there was one plot-hole in a television series you could fix, what would it be and how would you fix it?
I super hate the fact that it took Elena so long to switch from Stefan to Damon. It took too many episodes for my feelings, it was like a constant push and pull and really gets under my skin every time. I would personally not have drug it out so long.

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

On 1/13/2019 at 12:04 AM, Robyn said:

Welcome to the fun and family!

To answer your question... I don't know where to start... Like, half the Potter-verse to start off with?😅

What would you try and fix though?

Fair! A friend of mine is trying to compile a fic for Tom Riddle's years at Hogwarts, and it's a massive headache, so that makes sense. What's the biggest plot hole, in your opinion? The one that you can't ignore?

As for me, there's an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer where Spike passes out after being held under water...and then coughs up water. It's always bugged me since the Buffyverse claims vampires don't breathe. Like, is Spike special or did they not keep to continuity? 

On 1/13/2019 at 12:36 AM, Morrigan said:

Welcome to the Initiative @Cheryl Blossom we're glad to have you.

I'd say for plot hole wise... the fact that they Cancelled Firefly and created a movie.

UGH. Fox is the worst. They always cancel the shows that are genuinely ahead of their time and poor Firefly was one of the worst. 😞

At least Serenity was good though, even if it didn't do much.

4 hours ago, isoldehn said:

If there was one plot-hole in a television series you could fix, what would it be and how would you fix it?
I super hate the fact that it took Elena so long to switch from Stefan to Damon. It took too many episodes for my feelings, it was like a constant push and pull and really gets under my skin every time. I would personally not have drug it out so long.

Exactly! When can we get a TV writer who doesn't draw out love triangles for needlessly long periods of time? 

Edited by Cheryl Blossom

ckLXndz.png?1

You're welcome to challenge me, but you'll lose.

I'm honestly not sure but if you find one link the shows for sure. xD

On a side note though, welcome to the Initiative! 😄

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

• Admin

@Cheryl Blossom If you like Apocalypse shows you should totally watch Jericho. They did a similar thing there. Problem with that one is Fox gave them a second/third season that they botched hard core because they knew they were already cancelled.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Welcome to this place! As for a plot-hole I'd fix... anything involving a character that is there one episode/season then suddenly doesn't exist in later episodes/seasons... Donna's little sister, Tina, on That 70's Show, for example. 

On 1/15/2019 at 1:35 AM, Cheryl Blossom said:

Fair! A friend of mine is trying to compile a fic for Tom Riddle's years at Hogwarts, and it's a massive headache, so that makes sense. What's the biggest plot hole, in your opinion? The one that you can't ignore?

Spoiler

Most of the 4th book.

It doesn't have to happen.

It never really made sense to me why Voldemort needed this elaborate plan to get Harry where he needed to be that took the entire school year (other than 'because plot'). Crouch (in the guise of Mad Eye) was in a position of power and trust with basically everybody right at the start.

Why couldn't he have separated Harry right in the beginning? They (Crouch / Voldemort) did help Harry to win but there was no guarantee (other than 'because plot') that he would eventually win or even survive. It's established in the books that people have died during the Triwizard tournament and there's a reason only older students are allowed to enter. It's pretty obvious somebody fucked with the Goblet to make Harry a contestant and every sane person would've either redrawn the contestants, halted the event to investigate or at the very least not endanger a 14 yo. 

1. There is no real reason other than "because plot" to allow Harry to continue into the Tournament. Even if "the rules are clear", because they aren't, and even conflict. Those same rules they use to force Harry into the tournament also state contestants need to be 17 years of age. Why not roll with that rule instead and save a life?

2. He could have died during every challenge and then the plan would've been foiled (forever, I might add cause Voldy needed Harry alive). The dragon. They started off with a dragon. That's a variable you don't control, to name one example.

It's also established anything can work as a port-key, so really all Crouch had to do was give Harry a freaking cupcake and they would've had him. Or, if for some inexplicable reason food doesn't work as a port key, Crouch takes on the guise of a teacher. It's not uncommon for teachers to give students books for example (extra reading material, replacing a lost/destroyed copy).

Even if they didn't want anything to happen inside Hogwarts halls (which would be understandable), Crouch could've taken Harry into the forest easily enough. He's not the smart one in the group. I think that under the excuse of "I'mma teaching you new magic that needs to happen somewhere away from Hogwarts", Harry would have gone. He might have told Ron and Hermione, but by the time they figured out Harry was gone and alerted adults, Crouch could've already been gone with the wind.

(I did like the books, but I also understand why people don't)

Sorry for the long post :')

On 1/15/2019 at 1:35 AM, Cheryl Blossom said:

As for me, there's an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer where Spike passes out after being held under water...and then coughs up water. It's always bugged me since the Buffyverse claims vampires don't breathe. Like, is Spike special or did they not keep to continuity? 

I REMEMBER THIS. I had such a "dafuq" moment ¬¬

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

I love this question prompt!

Welcome, Cherylblossom! I love Madeline Petsch and her Mean Girlsesque performance, but co-sign 100% on hating actual people like that. 

Anyway, to answer it:

I'm gonna go with Lost. They never addressed the most important plot hole: how did Walt see the polar bear situation coming through his Flash comic? There was all this build up and they just let that all go away in a flash, because of actor concerns, but the storyline was entirely abandoned and left unanswered. They later made some random mention of polar bears like, being part of the Stations research but it never answered it. I think the inference was that he somehow manifested the Polar Bears through sheer Cassandra-esque qualities, or by way of reality-warping it in himself from belief itself. I'd go with the Island itself doing it, by latching onto him as a ... focus point of some kind? I was really excited to see what it meant for Walt, and it just ended up meaning nothing, so exploring that would really turn what became a plothole into an exciting storyline.

And a bonus, not-a-plothole-but-a-thing I'd fix: Honestly, just infer some magic shit for the ending of Lost. Who cares? Really. Make it a magic island. Devil, God, all that, go deep for mythology, and don't handwave it as some weird dream. Just let it be The Odyssey retold as an ABC series. That final reveal in season 7 was cruel, and made no sense, and only invalidated all prior stories it told. Upset me. 

BxChg6.png
HOME | PLOT | RULES | ADVERTISE

What the Future Holds, a newly opened post-Civil War MCU site with a world fighting to find its way, and entirely new mutant canon.

BxUppO.gif