New to the board-ish

Deacon Frost

• How long have you been RPing? - I started RPing at the age of 8 when my Daddy taught me D&D 1st edition back in '88. In '97 I joined a PERL script chat RP and started playing online. After a few years I branched out to Livejournal and then eventually found my way to real honest to god play by post Forum RP's. Been doing that for around 10 or 12 years now. 
  • What are your favorite RP genres?  - I like Urban Fantasy, Modern Sci-Fi, Science Fiction, Science Fantasy and High Fantasy
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? - I RP over Chat. I have tried email and google docs but it always seems to peter out for me. I much prefer a dedicated forum to play on. 
  • What country are you from? - Moved around a lot as a kid because my Dad was in the Navy but it was mostly up and down the East Coast of the United States. I did live in Canada for 13 months to finish up college but other than that I'm only experienced in the US. 
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? - I've read far to many books for just one to be my favorite. But I do deeply love the Last Herald-Mage of Valdemar by Mercedes Lackey. 
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? - I'm a single father. So aside from watching TV seeing the occasional Marvel movie and reading most of my time is taken up parenting my kids. (Oh god they're turning into Teenagers, someone send help!) 
  • What's your favorite color? - I have always said that black is my favorite color because it absorbs all the colors of the rainbow. Which means a black object contains every color there is. That resonates with me. 
  • What's your favorite drink? - I have a rather unhealthy connection to Mountain Dew. 

spacer.png

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Spirit Caller we're glad to have you! I know the feel on kids. Fortunately I have a partner that helps but my ex certainly doesn't do anything, that's for damn sure. Good luck.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Welcome Spirit! I'm new too. I have a very similar experience. Feel free to DM me if you want to chat.

Thank you both for your feedback! It's always nice being welcomed into a new community and finding a place where you can chat and talk with people like mature adults. 

spacer.png